Windows 10: Monitor going to black BEFORE the time I have set

Discus and support Monitor going to black BEFORE the time I have set in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Display on my PC Windows 10 is set to go black after 1 hour. But it often goes to black as soon as I leave the computer to go to the bathroom.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MichaelZJody, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Monitor going to black BEFORE the time I have set

My Display on my PC Windows 10 is set to go black after 1 hour. But it often goes to black as soon as I leave the computer to go to the bathroom. How do I get it to NOT do that?

:)

MichaelZJody, Jan 25, 2021

2. Monitors go black!!!!!!

Hi Matt,

· Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to check if there is any failed or pending Windows updates, refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Update and Security’.

2. Under ‘Windows Update’ click on ‘Advanced Option’.

3. Click on ‘View your update history’.

4. Check whether any updates are failed, if any try to install the updates and check.

I suggest you to perform system restore as below and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to perform a System restore to gain back access to all your documents, pictures, mails, etc.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows key + R” Keys to open Run window.
    • On run command type “rstrui.exe” (without double code) and press
      OK.
    • Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instruction.

System Restore Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

To contact Microsoft refer to the below link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Monitor going to black BEFORE the time I have set

Monitors go black!!!!!!

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa in the link below and check again.

Click Here

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Monitor going to black BEFORE the time I have set

1. Monitor going to black BEFORE the time I have set - Similar Threads - Monitor going black

2. My monitor will go black after use at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor will go black after use at random times: I recently upgraded my monitor from a 1080p 65Hz monitor to a 1440p 165Hz monitor and ever since this change I have had random instances where my monitor goes black. For context, this issue never happened with my 1080p monitor, I have a AMD Radeon 6800, Freesync is enabled on...
  3. My monitor will go black after use at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor will go black after use at random times: I recently upgraded my monitor from a 1080p 65Hz monitor to a 1440p 165Hz monitor and ever since this change I have had random instances where my monitor goes black. For context, this issue never happened with my 1080p monitor, I have a AMD Radeon 6800, Freesync is enabled on...
  4. Black screen before login, ”Time & Date not set, F1: boot”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before login, ”Time & Date not set, F1: boot”: Hello,I know black screen is a highly asked question here, however non of the answers I’ve seen here has been successful in solving my problem.I have an HP Pavilion Desktop running Windows 10. When I try to boot it I first get a black screen with some system information and...
  5. Black screen before login, ”Time & Date not set, F1: boot”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen before login, ”Time & Date not set, F1: boot”: Hello,I know black screen is a highly asked question here, however non of the answers I’ve seen here has been successful in solving my problem.I have an HP Pavilion Desktop running Windows 10. When I try to boot it I first get a black screen with some system information and...
  6. Black screen before login, ”Time & Date not set, F1: boot”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. External monitor going black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor going black: I have a laptop with a damaged screen, so I started using a flat screen TV as a monitor connected with an HDMI cable. I actually have 2 different Dynex flat screens. Both used to work fine. Now one the larger, newer one will display for a short period then go black. The...
  8. Both monitors go black when I plug in HDMI monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both monitors go black when I plug in HDMI monitor.: So I normally have two monitors, an HDMI as my main display and a VGA for my secondary display. I have an Intel i5 6500 CPU 3.2 gHz, 8 gb ram. Today when I came home from dinner my pc would not show a display when I moved the mouse or pressed the keyboard. I either left...
  9. Monitor go brown and then black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor go brown and then black: Sometimes when Im playing games the monitor starts blinking from brown to black and then I can't do anything unless turn it off from the power button! Any suggestions what can be? submitted by /u/HB209 [link] [comments]...
  10. i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have dual monitors and one of them keeps going black and then opening: so i have two monitors,the main one is completely fine,but unfortunately my second one sometimes goes black for a couple of seconds and then opens up again,sometimes i have some sort of blue marks on it that disappear after a while,and sometimes when i move an application my...