Windows 10: Monitor gone blank

Discus and support Monitor gone blank in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a CloudGate CG Mini PC running Windows 10, I am using a TV as a monitor. When I first ran it it indicated I had two monitors I only had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardCullisSA, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Monitor gone blank

I am using a CloudGate CG Mini PC running Windows 10, I am using a TV as a monitor. When I first ran it it indicated I had two monitors I only had the TV and each time I opened a window it would open on the Other screen, yes I could move it over until it appeared on my screen, I then set the monitor to mirror both and that ran fine but as its a small PC i wanted to turn off the second ghost monitor, which I did. however now when I turn it back on, my screen is blank... it loads windows but it opening on the other screen which I cant see.

What can I do? fresh install?

:)

RichardCullisSA, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Monitor gone blank

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to reinstall the monitor drivers form the manufacturer website and check if it helps. Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Monitor driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that
      and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    Refer the below link for the same.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=VCFD2

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Monitor gone blank

1. Monitor gone blank - Similar Threads - Monitor gone blank

2. blank laptop monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blank laptop monitor: Why is my laptop monitor blank but external monitor is not blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-laptop-monitor/56875dcc-7090-4fa0-a6ee-2dc5be853cfb
  3. blank laptop monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank laptop monitor: Why is my laptop monitor blank but external monitor is not blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-laptop-monitor/56875dcc-7090-4fa0-a6ee-2dc5be853cfb
  4. blank laptop monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My monitor has gone blank from setting the phantom monitor as my main

in Windows 10 Customization
    My monitor has gone blank from setting the phantom monitor as my main: I had fiddled around with the display settings attempting to remove the phantom monitor, and in doing so I have believe I have accidentally set the phantom monitor as my main monitor, so now my main monitor is plain black, I was following this -->...
  6. My monitor has gone blank from setting the phantom monitor as my main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor has gone blank from setting the phantom monitor as my main: I had fiddled around with the display settings attempting to remove the phantom monitor, and in doing so I have believe I have accidentally set the phantom monitor as my main monitor, so now my main monitor is plain black, I was following this -->...
  7. My monitor has gone blank from setting the phantom monitor as my main

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reliability Monitor is blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability Monitor is blank: I check Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor every so often but recently it has completely stopped showing reports/events. It used to show minor app crashes and events like Windows Defender updates but now shows nothing. I cleared "reported problems" hoping it would...
  9. Wordpad document gone blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad document gone blank: Hi, I spent several weeks writing a rich text document in wordpad. Today I went to save the document on my desktop as normal, but is said there wasnt enough space to save it, so I deleted my trash to make more room, and suddenly my document closed and when i opened it again...
  10. Reliability Monitor is blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Reliability Monitor is blank: I check Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor every so often but recently it has completely stopped showing reports/events. It used to show minor app crashes and events like Windows Defender updates but now shows nothing. I cleared "reported problems" hoping it would...