Windows 10: Monitor hardware detection not working properly after update to 1809

Discus and support Monitor hardware detection not working properly after update to 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a 32" 4K monitor at home and a 27" 4K monitor at work. Because of the monitor size difference, I use 100% scaling at home and 150% scaling at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Isaac C., Dec 14, 2018.

1. Isaac C. Win User

Monitor hardware detection not working properly after update to 1809

I have a 32" 4K monitor at home and a 27" 4K monitor at work. Because of the monitor size difference, I use 100% scaling at home and 150% scaling at work. I have a Thunderbolt dock at home and at work, and the monitors are connected to their respective docks. I would plug my laptop to the respective dock at home or at work. I usually keep my laptop in sleep mode whenever I commute.

Previously, with Windows 10 version 1803, the OS would detect the correct monitor when I resume my laptop from sleep, and apply the scaling I had set, as above, without issue or fuss. After this latest update, Windows would not only no longer apply the scaling, but also fail to detect the correct monitor that is plugged in.

Please fix this issue.

My current Windows specifications are:

• Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Version: 1809
    • OS build: 17763.194

:)

Isaac C., Dec 14, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows not working properly

Thank you for the information.

We suggest that you try to run Hardware and Device troubleshooter using the steps below:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    We also suggest that you update the keyboard driver and check if it work.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Monitor hardware detection not working properly after update to 1809

Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Monitor hardware detection not working properly after update to 1809

1. Monitor hardware detection not working properly after update to 1809 - Similar Threads - Monitor hardware detection

2. windows not working properly after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not working properly after update: everything was working fine until i updated windows and turned off my pc then i woke up and windows is acting weird when i try open any app for example roblox it closes without any error but only as soon as the game loads in and on task manager it says opera gx discord and...
  3. windows not working properly after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows not working properly after update: everything was working fine until i updated windows and turned off my pc then i woke up and windows is acting weird when i try open any app for example roblox it closes without any error but only as soon as the game loads in and on task manager it says opera gx discord and...
  4. Reliability Monitor not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability Monitor not working properly: Today I am experiencing a weird problem in which reliability monitor is showing errors, warnings which is fine but not showing the informational events which has occurred during the timeline.I am attaching the screenshot for this matter.Help me to fix this problem....
  5. Computer not working properly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer not working properly after update: Hi, I did an update for Windows 10 version 2004. I was prompted to restart my computer and then after starting up again, my background photo was a generic/default and it was telling me there was an issue logging into my account. So it asked me to reenter my pin, and told me...
  6. 144hz monitor not working properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    144hz monitor not working properly.: Hello. I've been having a problem lately with my laptop lately. I have an Asus laptop with a 144hz monitor, an Intel core i7 and a graphics card Nvidia gtx 2060. I've had this laptop for over a year now and now problems have shown up but lately there have been some...
  7. Monitor not detected after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor not detected after windows 10 update: Hello, I recently upgraded to windows 10, and since then I'm having issues with the display drivers working properly. There is an error showing in device manager on 'Generic PnP monitor', but when I update to the latest graphics driver (Nvidia gtx760) the monitor is no...
  8. Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809: Behold, the automatic schedule timing has become 00:00 - 00:00 after the latest update: [ATTACH] As such, the night light feature no longer works as it should. Please fix! My date and time settings are set to automatic, in both the time and the time zone. I am not in a...
  9. 2nd monitor not detected after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2nd monitor not detected after windows update.: Updates have been wreaking havoc on my computer over the last few months. In a couple of cases I was able to regain normal operation by rolling back the update via system restore. However, twice now including today the update has left my computer (HP Pavilion laptop) unable...
  10. start not working properly after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    start not working properly after update: After i have installed the last set of updates, i can no longer left click on start. When i click on the option to choose start up apps, everything is greyed out. 19084