Windows 10: Monitor has a black square on top left

Discus and support Monitor has a black square on top left in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, my setup is a laptop that is connected to a monitor. When I close the lid of my laptop even tho in settings I set it to not do anything, on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ElzaBērziņa, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Monitor has a black square on top left

Hello, my setup is a laptop that is connected to a monitor. When I close the lid of my laptop even tho in settings I set it to not do anything, on my monitor top left a black square appears and it annoys me. If the lid is open the square dissapers If I then open my laptop again it automatically puts the display settings to extend the displays even tho I set it up as show only 2 sometimes it sets up as show only 1. I know it's a small thing but it distracts me.

:)

ElzaBērziņa, Sep 4, 2021
  2. LJay_09 Win User

Black Square in Upper Left During Extended Monitor Session

Hi,

I have been using extended monitor for quite sometime but all of a sudden there was a black square in upper left of my extended monitor.

In the past if i close the lid of the primary monitor, this problem did not exist.

However, I have started to experience this now.

I do not have ASUS AI Suite installed in my machine.

Also, I noticed that the black square in extended monitor happens only when i totally close the lid of the primary monitor (laptop).

If i have it opened the black square in the extended monitor does not appear.

Any tips on how I can resolve this issue? I would like to close the laptop lid when I do extended monitor.

LJay_09, Sep 4, 2021
  3. TeamK5 Win User
    Black border around monitor

I tried the steps you suggested and it did not change anything regarding the black border. I am trying to come up with a better explanation, the information on my screen has a black frame around the information on my screen. The display does not go from
    corner to corner of my display monitor. There is a 1 inch thick black bar on the left and right sides and a 1/2 inch thick black bar on the top and bottom. I attached the screen shot per your request but it is only showing the information on the screen up
    to the black frame. I can get rid of the black frame by going to a lower resolution but I didn't think that is the right solution. I should be able to upgrade to windows 10 and still have the recommended resolution for my monitor.
    Monitor has a black square on top left c42c231f-af15-4761-9ce5-5f55905843b8.png

TeamK5, Sep 4, 2021
  4. Raniel V. Win User

Monitor has a black square on top left

Transparent square on top left corner of screen after Windows update

Good day! I'm Raniel, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

I found an article with a similar issue that you're experiencing with the transparent square. Kindly follow the steps provided by Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20 and see if it works for you:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this helps.

Raniel V., Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

Monitor has a black square on top left

1. Monitor has a black square on top left - Similar Threads - Monitor has black

2. Prevent monitor at the Top-Left pulled over to third monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent monitor at the Top-Left pulled over to third monitor.: I'm aware that this is likely a very unusual use case but hoping perhaps someone can help me. I currently have 3 monitors, adding a fourth whenever I can finally get a video card. These are 1 An ultrawide primary gaming monitor, 2 a TV that is physically above and right of my...
  3. my computer has this translucent black square in the corner of both my monitor screens,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my computer has this translucent black square in the corner of both my monitor screens,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpartanD228 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxm1fe/my_computer_has_this_translucent_black_square_in/
  4. black squar

black squar: so I have this black square bottom left of my screen its not my monitor i reset all setting for it but its still here i have no idea what to do https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/712871459902586880/791937781575319562/image0.jpg...
  5. My icons are black squares and left side is missing!

My icons are black squares and left side is missing!: [ATTACH] So how do I solve this? I tried deleting thumbnail cache but it doesn't help. And the left side of This PC is completely missing. https://preview.redd.it/uaca1tose5s51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=3dac67a9a1ffb3d015a72d2d073b8f546ede5700...
  6. Red square top left of games

Red square top left of games: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dolgont [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikvlvs/red_square_top_left_of_games/
  7. Transparent square on top left corner of screen after Windows update

Transparent square on top left corner of screen after Windows update: Can someone tell me how to remove the clear square that has suddenly appeared after I did an Update and Restart today?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparent-square-on-top-left-corner-of-screen/ca97464e-08ad-4507-82eb-ad138eb94937
  8. the top left of my monitor

the top left of my monitor: the top left corner of my screen is not letting me click it. I looked it up and the community forums and it said to open the administrator and type sfc /scannow and that didn't work. what can i do?...
  9. Flipping black square on the bottom left

Flipping black square on the bottom left: Recently, a flipping black square appears on the bottom left of my screen. It appears when I am playing the game some time and when I am using Microsoft word. I guess it has something to do with the start menu, but I do not know how to fix it. [ATTACH]...
  10. black volume indicator on top left screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black volume indicator on top left screen: Laptop Acer Spin SP515-51N, Windows10 Home 64-bit V.1803 17134.441. Since about 1 week I got a black volume indicator on the upper left corner of my screen. It shows up from the start and minimises the volume permanently to 0. The indicator ist manually movable but even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black square in top left corner of screen

2. Black square showing on the top left of laptop