Windows 10: Monitor has become to bright and print cannot be read easily despite my trying to fix.

Discus and support Monitor has become to bright and print cannot be read easily despite my trying to fix. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the past week my Samsung monitor has become to bright and it now makes reading screen so hard. I have attempted to fix it but somehow it won't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ROBERTSTOBBS, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Monitor has become to bright and print cannot be read easily despite my trying to fix.

In the past week my Samsung monitor has become to bright and it now makes reading screen so hard. I have attempted to fix it but somehow it won't work. How can I restore the display defaults?

:)

ROBERTSTOBBS, Nov 28, 2018

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Brightness is fixed/unadjustable.

If it was working previously, I'd bet it stopped due to a mirror driver being installed. Mirror drivers are what allow remote meeting software like GoToMeeting, WebEx, and Team Viewer to copy the screen.

Here's the steps I would suggest:

• Right-click the Start button, choose Device Manager
    • Go to the Monitor section (not display adapter) and remove everything inside (right-click and uninstall)
    • Click the "Scan for hardware" on the toolbar (has a magnifying glass icon on it)
    • Try adjusting brightness again
    Please let me know how it goes.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 28, 2018
  4. Monitor has become to bright and print cannot be read easily despite my trying to fix.

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Monitor has become to bright and print cannot be read easily despite my trying to fix.

1. Monitor has become to bright and print cannot be read easily despite my trying to fix. - Similar Threads - Monitor has become

2. Folder reverts to Read Only despite trying EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder reverts to Read Only despite trying EVERYTHING: Folder on Windows10 keeps going back to Read Only mode despite trying everything out there, including this similar issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-reverts-to-read-only-tried-many-fixes/54e875d8-ed14-4912-9e3a-48a6fa679e67Have tried...
  3. Folder reverts to Read Only despite trying EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder reverts to Read Only despite trying EVERYTHING: Folder on Windows10 keeps going back to Read Only mode despite trying everything out there, including this similar issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-reverts-to-read-only-tried-many-fixes/54e875d8-ed14-4912-9e3a-48a6fa679e67Have tried...
  4. Folder reverts to Read Only despite trying EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop has lately started refused to read devices such as usb and phones.It has become...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has lately started refused to read devices such as usb and phones.It has become...: My laptop has lately started refused to read devices such as usb and phones.It has become selective on devices it reads.Funny enough,it makes a noise that a device has been inserted but it will read nothing.Please help...
  6. Everything has become read only!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything has become read only!: Help please, my entire system has become read only. I have a boot SSD, a temp SSD and 4 HDD in a storage spaces pool. Permissions say owner is administrators or me. I tried removing readonly attribute with diskpart and it fails. Can anyone help me please? submitted by...
  7. the letters are washed out and not easily read.

in Windows 10 Customization
    the letters are washed out and not easily read.: the letters are washed out and not easily read: the background is white. even the bold letters are hard to read. can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-letters-are-washed-out-and-not-easily-read/c394bd1d-6cea-43ee-af2a-a48a2bcebba2
  8. USB drive has become "read only"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive has become "read only": USB drive has become "read only". Cannot format, delete, anything. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-has-become-read-only/803fd445-e7f5-468b-990f-c11c955d38d8
  9. Brightness become weird!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness become weird!: I updated to Windows 10 version 1803 from version 1709. The first day, nothing went wrong. I can adjust brightness as usual. But today, when I increase the brightness, it becomes darker, when decrease it, it becomes brighter. When I did nothing, the screen brightness adjusts...
  10. Text has become hard to read

in Windows 10 Support
    Text has become hard to read: My computer recently did a disk check because of a perceived problem. Since then my text has become hard to read and nothing I do in the settings options makes any difference! Any ideas? 20906