Windows 10: Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion

Discus and support Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a Gigabyte Laptop with Intel HD Graphics. In addition to the built in display I have a TV attached via HDMI and a Dell U2913WM via VGA port. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Hairy Scot, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion

I have a Gigabyte Laptop with Intel HD Graphics.
    In addition to the built in display I have a TV attached via HDMI and a Dell U2913WM via VGA port.
    The Intel Graphics Properties Setting allows me to specify which is the primary display and this is set to Number 1. I have set the TV as Number 2 and the built in display as Number 3.
    However Windows in its infinite wisdom decrees that built in shall be Number 1, TV Number 2, and Dell Number 3.
    This really pisses me off.
    Is there any way to have Windows use the same ID Numbers as the Graphic Interface?

:)

Hairy Scot, Aug 4, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Assign monitor Numbers

Hi,

If you're pertaining to making Acer screen as the monitor 1 and the other is 2, you can just have them interchanged by going following the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop screen > Display settings.
    • Under "Select and rearrange displays", just drag the monitor basing on your choice of number; then, click on "Apply" button after.

If the above given information is not what you're pertaining to, let us know so we would know the next action we can give you.

Update us after doing the steps.

John Sarc, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Jstn7477 Win User
    Mitsubishi Intros A Pair of New DiamondCrysta Wide Series Monitors

Looks like they are IPS, but is it true that they are fully 120Hz compliant? I see they seem to list Dual Link DVI connections but I'm confused by the diagram that suggests the monitor internally generates the extra frames. *Confused Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion :confused:

Jstn7477, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion

1. Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion - Similar Threads - Monitor IDs Numbers

2. Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??: I recently took my PC upto Windows 11 pro by ISO install. I then update/upgrade all the patches etc... Just done the latest? So now shows WIN 21H2 OS build 22000.1098. Is this really the latest? There is a main upgrade coming up around now - is this it? Why is it showing 21H2...
  3. Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused re Windows 11 Build numbers??: I recently took my PC upto Windows 11 pro by ISO install. I then update/upgrade all the patches etc... Just done the latest? So now shows WIN 21H2 OS build 22000.1098. Is this really the latest? There is a main upgrade coming up around now - is this it? Why is it showing 21H2...
  4. Confusion with version numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    Confusion with version numbers: Updated Win 10 Pro to 21H1, but it still shows 2009. Also did the same with my laptop which has Win 10 Home. It shows the correct version, as well as it is possible to copy and paste the system info using the conveniently placed copy buttons. With the Pro version, I must copy...
  5. Reassigning Monitor ID's

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reassigning Monitor ID's: [ATTACH] Windows derped when I replaced a monitor that died today and reassigned the monitor ID's. Normally this shouldn't be an issue however, the monitor now ID'd as 2, which was 3, is an aging display that can't reproduce colors very well. This is important as some of...
  6. Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions

in Windows 10 Support
    Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions: The other day after I made a couple of Skype calls that led to a very bad garbling of my voicel I thought that I had overloaded the circuits somehow. I got that to go away by disconnecting an old web cam that I had not used with W10. Background I have now for my main leg:...
  7. event id numbers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event id numbers: I was wondering if there is a list for the event id number i receive in my event viewer?Because I do receive alot {:/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-id-numbers/778000aa-0fee-40ca-b4c0-4d785aa37d82
  8. Disk Manager Drives number confusion!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Manager Drives number confusion!: This is for a brand new build. Specs; Component Make Model M.2 SSD Samsung (MZ-V6E500BW) 500GB 960 EVO PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive Case Corsair Obsidian 750D AirFlow Full Tower ATX Processor AMD AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Gen2 8 Core AM4 Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX AMD...
  9. Disk Manager Drives number confusion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Manager Drives number confusion!: This is for a brand new build. Specs; Component Make Model M.2 SSD Samsung (MZ-V6E500BW) 500GB 960 EVO PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive Case Corsair Obsidian 750D AirFlow Full Tower ATX Processor AMD AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Gen2 8 Core AM4 Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX AMD...
  10. Performance monitor confusion.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance monitor confusion.: I have picked out one process here as an example Corsair.Service. Performance Monitor indicates an average of 7.587 while Process Monitor 0.61. Is Performance monitor indicating 7.587% CPU usage? If so how do I interpret Process Monitor's reading 0.61%? Which number is...