Windows 10: Monitor is black after sleep

Discus and support Monitor is black after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So when i try to wake my pc from sleep, my pc wakes but the monitor is black and after like 1 min of waiting my pc automatically restarts which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HoussemDrissi, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Monitor is black after sleep

So when i try to wake my pc from sleep, my pc wakes but the monitor is black and after like 1 min of waiting my pc automatically restarts which is rather annoying since I've tried everything i could to fix it with no success. This issue started to occur after i swapped from my old hard drive to a setup with 2 ssd's before with my hard drive it was working just fine. Im using Windows 10.

Specs

gpu: gtx 980

cpu: i7 4790k

ram: 8gb

mb: asus maximus vii hero

ssds are samsung

:)

HoussemDrissi, Dec 16, 2018

2. Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 16, 2018
  4. tempname Win User

Monitor is black after sleep

Monitor goes to sleep when screen has lot of black.

Thanks for all the replies.

I tried HDMI connection but the level of black was so bad the monitor didn't go to sleep.
    I messed with the monitor menu settings and noticed I had ASUS ASCR (Asus Smart Contrast Ratio) set ON and turning that OFF, fixed my monitor sleep issue on DVI connection (black levels still being as before)

tempname, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Monitor is black after sleep

1. Monitor is black after sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor black sleep

2. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  3. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  4. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after sleep

Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  6. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  7. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Monitor not turning on after sleep

Monitor not turning on after sleep: Hey, I just put my windows 10 pc on sleep and when I came back the monitor won't turn on. I already tried unplugging the power cable and replugging. Not working. I also cannot shut down my pc. I use a LG monitor. What can I do? Thanks, Luc...
  9. Monitor Wakes after sleep

Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  10. Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode

Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode: Sorry if my english is bad. I have a laptop , windows 10. Everytime I restart my pc or it goes into sleep mode my monitor won't turn on. It only turns on after i unplug it an let it stay closed a couple of hours . Idk why but after that the monitor starts working again. I...