Windows 10: Monitor is blinking.

Discus and support Monitor is blinking. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I connected a second monitor to my brand new HP laptop running Windows 10. The monitor keeps blinking.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SueHershfeld, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Monitor is blinking.

I connected a second monitor to my brand new HP laptop running Windows 10. The monitor keeps blinking.

:)

SueHershfeld, Aug 7, 2021

2. Monitor screen blinking.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it could be, when the monitor screen blinks frequently. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the drivers from the manufacture’s website and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 7, 2021
  3. clam1952 Win User
    monitor is blinking and screen goes black

Monitors blinking or turning off, if not a bad cable, can often be a defective capacitor or switch, power supply probably fixable or worse, the LED backlight is about to fail, often not so easy to replace.
    Normal first step would be to try the monitor in a different PC, however you have effectively done this by changing the motherboard and GPU and have the same problem.
    Unless you are good with electronics I wouldn't attempt it but get someone who is to look at it.

clam1952, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Monitor is blinking.

external monitor blinking

huh? i restarted in safe mode to see if external monitor still blinks but external monitor doesnt work in safe mode.

Bill.E.Shears, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

Monitor is blinking.

1. Monitor is blinking. - Similar Threads - Monitor blinking

2. Why do my monitors blink when I open file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my monitors blink when I open file explorer?: When there's no file explorer window open and I go to open file explorer it starts to open then the monitors blink and desktop refreshes and file explorer closes again. But when I right click file explorer in the taskbar and select one of the options it opens as usual. Any...
  3. Why do my monitors blink when I open file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my monitors blink when I open file explorer?: When there's no file explorer window open and I go to open file explorer it starts to open then the monitors blink and desktop refreshes and file explorer closes again. But when I right click file explorer in the taskbar and select one of the options it opens as usual. Any...
  4. Old external monitor blinking WIndows 11 problem suspected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old external monitor blinking WIndows 11 problem suspected: My external monitor connected to my Surface Book 2 is blinking on and off. It is connected by a USB-C to VGA adapter older monitor which has been working fine until now. I switched to Windows 11 last year and fear that an update has caused this to happen. I have updated all...
  5. Old external monitor blinking WIndows 11 problem suspected

Old external monitor blinking WIndows 11 problem suspected: My external monitor connected to my Surface Book 2 is blinking on and off. It is connected by a USB-C to VGA adapter older monitor which has been working fine until now. I switched to Windows 11 last year and fear that an update has caused this to happen. I have updated all...
  6. Dell XPS Monitor Blinking/flashing - fixed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS Monitor Blinking/flashing - fixed!: After trying all the other solutions online, I turned off HDR and it fixed my problem.I don't see this anywhere else so thought I'd post it here in case it helps someone else....
  7. Dell XPS Monitor Blinking/flashing - fixed!

Dell XPS Monitor Blinking/flashing - fixed!: After trying all the other solutions online, I turned off HDR and it fixed my problem.I don't see this anywhere else so thought I'd post it here in case it helps someone else....
  8. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  9. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  10. Windows 10 causing Dell P4317Q monitor to flicker/blink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 causing Dell P4317Q monitor to flicker/blink: I'm so aggravated over whatever Windows 10 update is now causing my monitor to blink. I know it's not my monitor because it works perfectly with the latest Linux Mint operating system. So, this is clearly caused by Microsoft. I wish Microsoft would stop screwing around with...