Windows 10: Monitor is dim after Windows 10 startup

Discus and support Monitor is dim after Windows 10 startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, about a week ago, I've experienced an issue with one of my monitors. After logging in, monitor is dim and it regains brightness over time for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nolfin, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Nolfin Win User

Monitor is dim after Windows 10 startup

Hi,

about a week ago, I've experienced an issue with one of my monitors. After logging in, monitor is dim and it regains brightness over time for about 15 minutes. Tried reinstalling the drivers for both monitor and graphics card, nothing worked. Brightness of the monitor is always 100%, doesn't change throughout the dimming process. Two of my other monitors are fine.

What could be an issue?

Best regards,

Nolfin

:)

Nolfin, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 2, 2021
  3. My monitor returns from sleep as incredibly dim; appears to be a problem with Windows 10, not a monitor problem

I just got a new computer. Since I updated my Windows 10 to the latest version, the screen returns from sleep almost pitch black. I have to turn my monitor's brightness up several notches to get it to acceptable brightness levels. At least once, my screen
    came out of startup really dim as well. I suspect this is not a problem with my monitor for several reasons:

• I never had a problem with it before I updated my Windows 10
    • The cord connecting my monitor to my PC is plugged all the way in on both sides
    • The motherboard logo on startup is perfectly visible, not overly dim
    • Occasionally, for a split second, the screen when entering the lock screen is at my set brightness, then gets dim again
    • While waiting for the brightness to go up, I can sometimes see the brightness jump up as opposed to becoming gradually brighter
    • When turning my monitor's brightness up to compensate for the dimness of the screen, the brightness starts jumping up dramatically at a certain point, and after several minutes at that brightness, I can turn it back down to the original brightness and be
      back to normal
    • I read no reviews of or forum posts about my monitor talking about this problem
    • I have found several forum posts about Windows 10 causing the brightness issue for them, followed by them doing things within Windows settings to fix their problems
    It should also be noted that I have a desktop computer and an external monitor, so I do not have brightness adjustments through Windows itself as far as I can tell, whereas if it were a laptop, I could adjust the screen's brightness in Windows.

Here is everything I have done so far to attempt to fix the problem, none of which have been successful:

• Disabling "Adaptive Brightness" (it was already disabled)
    • Updating both my graphics card's and monitor's drivers
    • Doing Color Calibration again
    • Attempting to install a Windows 7 64-bit driver for my graphics card

I haven't been able to find a single solution that can solve my issue. What other options do I have?

wowwhatagreatusername, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Monitor is dim after Windows 10 startup

Right After Startup, Monitor Dims Consistently

After installing the recent Windows 10 update (currently Windows 10 pro 64-bit, version 1709), I have been having an issue with screen brightness on my desktop PC. Upon startup, the display is bright and looks as usual, then about five to fifteen seconds
    after startup (about when I'd be typing in my password for login) the screen goes dark and dim. It happens every time I startup my PC. My monitor settings brightness is set to 100%, so I do not believe it is the monitor, but I could be mistaken. I have also
    updated my graphics card drivers right after the issue began, and that didn't seem to help.

I don't know if it is relevant, but the PC is custom built.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

ColeKocmick, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Monitor is dim after Windows 10 startup

1. Monitor is dim after Windows 10 startup - Similar Threads - Monitor dim startup

2. Dim blue screen NOT A BSOD on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dim blue screen NOT A BSOD on startup.: Friend installed a new windows 10 update. Now has a dim blue screen. No text or anything on it. Doesn't see POST screen either. Boot LEDs function properly. MOBO success boot light, the green light on his TUF gaming mobo comes on as well. I'm pretty sure this is a software...
  3. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected: I have 2 monitors identical View Sonic devices Recently when I select a program on one of the monitors, the other monitor goes dim. If I select a program on the second monitor, the unselected monitor first monitor goes dim. The interesting thing is that if I log in as the...
  4. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected: I have 2 monitors identical View Sonic devices Recently when I select a program on one of the monitors, the other monitor goes dim. If I select a program on the second monitor, the unselected monitor first monitor goes dim. The interesting thing is that if I log in as the...
  5. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 pro - monitor dims at 8pm

Windows 10 pro - monitor dims at 8pm: At 8pm every day Windows is dimming the monitor. I have checked all drivers, they are all up to date. Microsoft Support has been on the machinetwice. Once they reinstalled Windows.I Do not have adaptive brightness.The computer is a PC not a laptop. There is no battery. I have...
  7. Dim second monitor on login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dim second monitor on login: I am experiencing a bug where my second monitor is dim after logging in about half of the time. I believe this is a software issue because the cursor (and only the cursor) is at the correct brightness. Taking desktop screenshots also shows correct brightness in the image. I...
  8. Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim

Dual monitors - the second monitor is very dim: I have a Windows 10 PC, with two displays, a 1080p Lenovo monitor and a Samsung UHD TV. The Lenovo is my main PC monitor. In settings, when I set the monitor to the Lenovo only, the display is fine; when I set the monitor to the Samsung only, the display is fine. When I...
  9. Monitor dims at 6 AM

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor dims at 6 AM: Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so not sure if it is a Windows function, an Intel function, or an HP function causing it. I have looked in the power management...
  10. Monitor dims at 6 AM

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor dims at 6 AM: Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so not sure if it is a Windows function, an Intel function, or an HP function causing it. I have looked in the power management...