Windows 10: Monitor is dimmer on Windows 10

Discus and support Monitor is dimmer on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have Lenovo Ideapad i5 laptop, with Windows 10 and Ubuntu installed on it, for some reason the screen is dimmer when I login into Windows, than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dor7, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Dor7 Win User

Monitor is dimmer on Windows 10

Hi,

I have Lenovo Ideapad i5 laptop, with Windows 10 and Ubuntu installed on it,

for some reason the screen is dimmer when I login into Windows, than Ubuntu

although the brightness is on maximum?

I've updated the OS and installed all the drivers from Lenovo website,

What can be the reason for this?

Thanks

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Nisseeng Win User
    After creator update on windows 10 the screen dimmer function is not working sunglasses needed

• Just to clarify, are you referring to a "screen dimmer" app? No the ordinary computer dimmer
    • Did you get an error message? No
    • Were you able to adjust the level of brightness of your computer in Windows Settings? No

Nisseeng, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Monitor is dimmer on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Monitor dimmer

2. How do I extend the desktop to three monitors in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I extend the desktop to three monitors in Windows 11?: I have a three-monitor setup: one monitor is built into my laptop, one is connected via the laptop's HDMI port, and the third is connected via a USB to HDMI extender. All 3 monitors are recognized when I go into display setting, and I can see my desktop on all three monitors....
  3. How do I extend the desktop to three monitors in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I extend the desktop to three monitors in Windows 11?: I have a three-monitor setup: one monitor is built into my laptop, one is connected via the laptop's HDMI port, and the third is connected via a USB to HDMI extender. All 3 monitors are recognized when I go into display setting, and I can see my desktop on all three monitors....
  4. Monitor Not Turning On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Not Turning On: I have a monitor that worked well up until a few days ago, I left the PC and monitor running throughout the night and tried coming back the next morning. The PC still works fine and is running how it usually does. I usually press spacebar to wake up the monitor again after...
  5. Monitor Not Turning On

Monitor Not Turning On: I have a monitor that worked well up until a few days ago, I left the PC and monitor running throughout the night and tried coming back the next morning. The PC still works fine and is running how it usually does. I usually press spacebar to wake up the monitor again after...
  6. Monitor goes wild after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes wild after windows 10 update: Just updated windows 10, after reboot, every 20 minutes the monitor goes completely crazy, it's not just flashing, the sound is a loud buzzing, criss cross lines across the screen, mouse and keyboard unusable, can barely see what's on the screen. It makes you jump up, due to...
  7. Monitor goes wild after windows 10 update

Monitor goes wild after windows 10 update: Just updated windows 10, after reboot, every 20 minutes the monitor goes completely crazy, it's not just flashing, the sound is a loud buzzing, criss cross lines across the screen, mouse and keyboard unusable, can barely see what's on the screen. It makes you jump up, due to...
  8. Monitor goes wild after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Whichever monitor is set to primary becomes dimmer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whichever monitor is set to primary becomes dimmer: [ATTACH] As the title describes. There seems to be a windows level dimmer applied to my system and I have been trying to figure it on and off for months! It is a custom built AMD Windows 10 rig. It is a 2 monitor system, and as soon as I assign one of the displays as the...
  10. Whichever monitor is set to primary becomes dimmer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whichever monitor is set to primary becomes dimmer: As the title describes. There seems to be a windows level dimmer applied to my system and I have been trying to figure it on and off for months! It is a custom built Windows 10 rig. It is a 2 monitor system, and as soon as I assign one of the displays as the Primary display...