Windows 10: Monitor is only audio output detectable.

Discus and support Monitor is only audio output detectable. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am running windows 10 on my new PC, I have a Predator monitor hooked up. my computer does not detect my headset or microphone when I plug them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EthanMulligan, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Monitor is only audio output detectable.

Hello, I am running windows 10 on my new PC, I have a Predator monitor hooked up. my computer does not detect my headset or microphone when I plug them into their jacks. the only sound output goes through my monitor. I can hook up speakers directly to the monitor, but my microphone will still not work.

any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

:)

EthanMulligan, Oct 25, 2019

2. No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Monitor is only audio output detectable.

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Monitor is only audio output detectable.

1. Monitor is only audio output detectable. - Similar Threads - Monitor audio output

2. Only 1 external monitor outputted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1 external monitor outputted: Hi, I have 2 external Dell monitors connected to my Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad T490. one monitor is connected by a HDMI cable, and the other connected by a mini USB HDMI adaptor. The monitor that is connected via the mini USB HDMI is always detected in preference to the other...
  3. Audio output not detected.

Audio output not detected.: My laptop got shut down because the battery died. But as soon as i restarted the device , it is not detecting any audio output and there is a red cross appearing on the speaker icon in the task bar. I have tried reinstalling the drivers but that did not work. Can anyone...
  4. Audio Outputs not detected when using USB

Audio Outputs not detected when using USB: When plugged in to any USB port, windows 10 does not detect any audio devices and displays that there are none. The sound control panel says there are no audio devices installed. Tried two different sets of speakers with the same results. Other devices are recognized in all...
  5. Windows 10 detects no audio output devices

Windows 10 detects no audio output devices: My computer's audio output devices have disappeared from the list of available devices and I'm left with a red cross over the speaker icon. Checking Hardware manager I can see all of the devices but they've got ! symbols on them but no matter how often I...
  6. Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem

Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem: hello, I am having a problem with my windows 10 PC. I've recently installed the windows 10 version 20H2 and all of a sudden it says that no audio devices are installed. I've tried uninstalling feature updates and quality updates but nothing seems to work. Even my monitor...
  7. No audio output/input device detected

No audio output/input device detected: I've been suing these headphones with my computer for over a month with no problems, but then I installed AMD video driver and suddenly my computer started saying there were no audio devices plugged in. I went to troubleshoot my audio in the Realtek device manager but it had...
  8. Audio Output Not Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Output Not Detected: My laptop will not detect my headphones when plugging into the audio jack. Though it does know somethings there because a popup comes up asking me what device I just plugged in. Regardless, I cannot switch from laptop speakers to headphones. I've reinstalled audio drivers and...
  9. Headphones only outputting audio in mono

Headphones only outputting audio in mono: Hello, I'd like to play Stereo audio when my headphones are plugged in to my 3.5mm audio port, but they are only outputting in Mono. Stereo works when using them through Bluetooth, but I often use them wired and would like them to play Stereo properly that way as well....
  10. only static sound in audio output

only static sound in audio output: goodday, I own a homebuilt PC with a Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Motherboard. I've bought this one from a friend of mine and did a clean install of windows 10 64 bit before I bought it. after installing the pc everything works perfectly except the audio. when I plug in...