Windows 10: Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system

Discus and support Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sorry to trouble you all but I was wondering if anybody would be able to advise me on the below: I have multiple monitors linked up but one is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkWhitelock, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system

Sorry to trouble you all but I was wondering if anybody would be able to advise me on the below:

I have multiple monitors linked up but one is now showing as "Display 2 isn't active"

But also says "Display 2: Connected to IntelR HD Graphics 4000"

But when I am in display settings it detects it but has it Greyed out?

Any ideas anyone?

:)

MarkWhitelock, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

I know of no easier way to delete them, so here are the instructions.

Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10

A System Image restore point is describe as type 'Backup'.

Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system [​IMG]

First, go to Settings > Backup & Restore > Recovery and select the 'Restart now' button in Advanced Start-up.

When you get Advanced Start-up, select Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Command Prompt.

You will be asked to choose an administrator account and supply it's password, then the Command Prompt will open.

Type the commands DISKPART then LIST VOL and EXIT to see a list of all drives, in this example the Windows system is on the C: drive, yours may have a different letter. Whatever the letter is, type it followed by a colon to switch to that drive, in this example I typed C:

Then use the CD (change directory) command CD System Volume Information\WindowsImageBackup

Use the DIR command to check you are in the right folder, then use DEL to delete the contents of each of the Catalog and SPPMetadataCache folders.

Youn can now close the command prompt window (or type EXIT) to restart the PC and go back to Windows.

All System Image Restore points of type 'Backup' will now have gone.

3. Gino Des Win User
    System Reboots after about 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Allen,

Let's try to isolate the cause of the issue. We suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. Check your power settings if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after 5 minutes of inactivity. To run the troubleshooter, follow
    the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Method 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. For steps on how to run the System File Checker tool, check the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool

Method 3: Check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Refer to this link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system

Why does the System Tray only appear on my secondary monitor?

Hi Fred,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to make your laptop the main display:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Choose the number of your preferred monitor under Customize your display. (Click
      Identify to show the number of your preferred monitor)
    • Check the Make this my main display box.
    • Click Apply.

You may also try this method:

• Right-click the main taskbar, then uncheck the Lock all taskbars.
    • Drag the main taskbar to your preferred screen.
    • Right-click again the main taskbar and check the Lock all taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system

1. Monitor is showing as "Inactive" on my system - Similar Threads - Monitor showing Inactive

2. Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout: My PC's display will not turn back on after I leave my computer for a while 30+ min? and the display closes due to inactivity timeout. When I return to my PC, I click my mouse/keyboard to wake the display, and the display lights up for a second backpanel lit, but display is...
  3. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout: Hoping someone can help me here as I'm running out of ideas. I am running Windows 10 21H1 and having an issue with monitors not going to 'sleep' after the inactivity timeout. This occurred on my previous mainboard and CPU and continued after I replaced them recently. I have...
  4. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout: Hoping someone can help me here as I'm running out of ideas. I am running Windows 10 21H1 and having an issue with monitors not going to 'sleep' after the inactivity timeout. This occurred on my previous mainboard and CPU and continued after I replaced them recently. I have...
  5. lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity: Hello everyone! The one problem I have is that I set the slideshow to the lock screen and let it show if I don't use the computer for 5 minutes. Normally, after 5 minutes, the lock screen will appear and the slideshow starts but my computer turns off the screen. Only when I...
  6. Surface Pro 7 - Second monitor "Inactive"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 - Second monitor "Inactive": Hello, I see a number of others with surface pro 7s have had this same issue and all the threads are locked with no solution. Until a couple weeks ago, my surface pro 7 worked fine with my docking station and two monitors. Now when I go to plug into the docking station,...
  7. Second Monitor is "Inactive"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is "Inactive": So I recently scored a 2nd 4k monitor. And it is connected via displayport. Randomly, the screen will turn off. It shows up in nvidia control panel and the checkbox to enable it will turn grey and uncheckable. In windows settings will say it is "inactive". I have tried...
  8. Laptop Monitor Inactive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Monitor Inactive: Hi, I recently updated Windows on my Microsoft Surface Book 2. Now, when I plug in my second monitor, my laptop display becomes inactive. I have tried everything, and I can't get it working. If I unplug my second monitor, the display on my laptop becomes active again....
  9. My system shutsdown after a few hours of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My system shutsdown after a few hours of inactivity: Upon looking into the system log, I found following events: Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client" Guid="{1c95126e-7eea-49a9-a3fe-a378b03ddb4d}" /> <EventID>1014</EventID>...
  10. Inactive system proceses is taking 99% of my cpu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inactive system proceses is taking 99% of my cpu: Hello I will start by this, recently I had a lot of frame drops when I played video games but that issue started after a windows update I reinstalled it and it worked ok until now. About a week ago frame drops came back I tried everything from installing new drivers to...