Windows 10: Monitor is slow and blacks out constantly and freezes

Discus and support Monitor is slow and blacks out constantly and freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavillion All-in-one computer/monitor thing and recently it's started to become slower and now it's constantly blacking out as in showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by junо, Jan 11, 2021.

1. junо Win User

Monitor is slow and blacks out constantly and freezes

I have an HP Pavillion All-in-one computer/monitor thing and recently it's started to become slower and now it's constantly blacking out as in showing black screens a lot. This has been reoccuring a lot and now it freezes after a while. Is there anyway I can fix it withour having to hard reset the pc?

:)

junо, Jan 11, 2021
  2. SueRiceVW Win User

Magic jigsaw game is soooo slow, takes forever to play game, constantly freezes up.

game is soooo slow, takes forever to play game, constantly freezes up.

Original Title:

SueRiceVW, Jan 11, 2021
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Monitor is slow and blacks out constantly and freezes

2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when the monitors freezes at the middle of some work. Thanks for the information provided by you on the post.
    To understand the issue better, we need some information.

• Did you observe any changes to the system recently, such as Updates to driver or Windows?
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the make and model of the all the three monitors?
    • How the other 2 monitors connected to the PC?

However, you can try the steps below and check if it works for you.

Device Drivers settings.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display device. Right click on the device listed and select
      Update drivers
    3. You will receive a prompt
      Search automatically for Updated driver
    4. Restart the PC and then check if the Monitor 2 & 3 freezes after sleep.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Monitor is slow and blacks out constantly and freezes

1. Monitor is slow and blacks out constantly and freezes - Similar Threads - Monitor slow blacks

2. Monitor freezes and then turns black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor freezes and then turns black: This only happens when I play video games.When I play games like League of Legends and Raft, every now and then my monitor will freeze and then turn black, there is a period between the freezing and black screen where the monitor appears to be fully turned off and all sound...
  3. Monitor freezes and then turns black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor freezes and then turns black: This only happens when I play video games.When I play games like League of Legends and Raft, every now and then my monitor will freeze and then turn black, there is a period between the freezing and black screen where the monitor appears to be fully turned off and all sound...
  4. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!: Getting sick and tired of the constant BSODs and black screen freezing, so I'm coming to the community to seek help! Recently I've been coming across not just BSODs, but my display turning off as if something's wrong with it and then freezing up so I can't try to fix it with...
  5. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!: Getting sick and tired of the constant BSODs and black screen freezing, so I'm coming to the community to seek help! Recently I've been coming across not just BSODs, but my display turning off as if something's wrong with it and then freezing up so I can't try to fix it with...
  6. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Screen black out constantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen black out constantly: Hello, My computer screen is constantly blacking out for several seconds to maybe 30 seconds. At the beginning it only happens once or twice a day, now it happens 10 to 20 times a day. The system is up to date, and the IT person from my school also could not fix the...
  8. Constant freeze and black screening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freeze and black screening.: Fresh installed on two different ssd's. After I login I have about 5 or 10 seconds to make an action before it freezes, goes black for a few seconds, the gpu revs then comes back on and I have another couple of seconds to do something and rinse and repeat. It's almost...
  9. Monitor black-out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor black-out: All of a sudden the monitor will go black; the computer still runs, but cannot use keyboard or mouse. No error message or code. Only resolution is to shut down and restart. Diagnostics show all is well with all the hardware. Is this a Windows 10 problem or what?...
  10. Constant freezing and slow to respond

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant freezing and slow to respond: Since I've installed win 10 I've ran into countless problems. I had the black screen with white cursor which turned out to be the integrated graphics displaying it on my second monitor which was off at the time. So fixed that. Now the annoying part. Once it boots to desktop...