Windows 10: Monitor is stuck on 50hz

Discus and support Monitor is stuck on 50hz in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My monitor can normally go up to 100hz. But recently, I switched the cable because the old one kept making the monitor go black. When I check my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NightmarePotato, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Monitor is stuck on 50hz

My monitor can normally go up to 100hz. But recently, I switched the cable because the old one kept making the monitor go black. When I check my settings, the only option it gives me is 50hz. I have tried updating the driver, it does not work.

:)

NightmarePotato, Mar 29, 2023

2. Fall Creators Update restricts monitor to 50Hz refresh rate

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630 (No dedicated GPU)

Monitor: BenQ E2200HD (Connected over HDMI)

• Prior to installing the Fall Creators Update, my monitor ran at 60Hz just fine.
    • After installing the FCU, my monitor would read "HDMI no signal" upon loading Windows 10 (it displayed output at the UEFI logo just fine, and I could go into UEFI as normal).
    • Checked around with TeamViewer to see what's up, Device Manager still showed the BenQ E2200HD as connected and functioning normally.
    • Played around with monitor settings, found out that if refresh rate was set to 50Hz then the monitor would display output normally; 59Hz and 60Hz only results in "HDMI no signal."
    • Again, before FCU, 60Hz was fine.

Anybody else having this issue?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

JP Esteban, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Qjimbo Win User
    Fall Creators Update restricts monitor to 50Hz refresh rate

Same issue, output is locked to 50hz when using 4k since the fall creators update. This is a serious bug. Latest drivers, Geforce GTX 780. My Sharp TV doesn't support 50hz so I just get a purple screen of death, sometimes lines and scrambled colours.

Qjimbo, Mar 29, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

Monitor is stuck on 50hz

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Monitor is stuck on 50hz

1. Monitor is stuck on 50hz - Similar Threads - Monitor stuck 50hz

2. Monitor Stuck at 640x480

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Stuck at 640x480: Recently acquired two MSI G271CQR monitors for my home office. One monitor displays correctly at 2560x1440 but the other monitor is locked at 640x480 and the resolution option in display settings is greyed out and I'm unable to change it. I don't believe it's a driver issue...
  3. my monitor stuck on 120hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor stuck on 120hz: My previous monitor is an Acer nitro VG241Y and 240hz connected with HDMI2.0 on my laptop works pretty fine But I bought an Acer nitro XV252qZ and it stuck on 120hz...
  4. my monitor stuck on 120hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitor stuck on 120hz: My previous monitor is an Acer nitro VG241Y and 240hz connected with HDMI2.0 on my laptop works pretty fine But I bought an Acer nitro XV252qZ and it stuck on 120hz...
  5. Monitor is stuck on 50hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is stuck on 50hz: My monitor can normally go up to 100hz. But recently, I switched the cable because the old one kept making the monitor go black. When I check my settings, the only option it gives me is 50hz. I have tried updating the driver, it does not work....
  6. Mouse stuck in 1 monitor

Mouse stuck in 1 monitor: SOLUTION:The problem was Logitech Options software updated 7/28/2022 that disabled the mouse from moving to second screen and basically Logitech driver had the mouse locked. I completely removed Logitech Options software and reinstalled only Logitech Unifying Software and...
  7. Microsoft Modern Webcam with HDR enabled flickers with 50Hz lighting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Modern Webcam with HDR enabled flickers with 50Hz lighting: I live in the UK where the mains frequency is 50Hz.. I have a small number of Microsoft Modern Webcams hardware 0.0 firmware 2.13.11, all of them exhibit the same behavior.HDR on / room lights off - no flickerHDR off / room lights off - no flickerHDR off / room lights on - no...
  8. Monitor stuck at 1024x768

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor stuck at 1024x768: I just got new pc with 1050 ti and after plugging it(with vga to hdmi) my monitor (1920x1080) is stuck at 1024x768, this monitor is working perfectly because i used it on different pc and it worked. submitted by /u/achi4game [link] [comments]...
  9. Monitor Stuck At 60hz 1050p

Monitor Stuck At 60hz 1050p: After playing Doom Eternal, my right secondary monitor which is a 75hz, 1080p panel, for some reason switched to 60hz at 1050p. I've gone through my settings on my monitor, Windows, and Radeon Graphics, but they say that 1080p 75hz "isn't compatible" with my monitor. I'm...
  10. Monitor Resolution stuck at 1280x768

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution stuck at 1280x768: Hi, My monitor resolution is stuck at 1280x768 resolution. I tried every "solution" online. Uninstalled drivers and re-installed, restarted PC umpteen number of times , unplugged and plugged graphics card. I am not able to go back to the original 1920x1080 resolution....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game stuck at 50hz