Windows 10: Monitor is Using wrong gpu

Discus and support Monitor is Using wrong gpu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; to summarise my monitor is using my IntelR UHD Graphics 630 instead of my Nvidia RTX 2080 and when i open nvidia control panel and go into the 3d... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MicrowavedBaby, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Monitor is Using wrong gpu

to summarise my monitor is using my IntelR UHD Graphics 630 instead of my Nvidia RTX 2080 and when i open nvidia control panel and go into the 3d settings thing it dosent have the drop down menu btw all my drivers are updated im using windows 11 and i have a desktop not a laptop

:)

MicrowavedBaby, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    GPU

Hi,

This issue may happen if the GPU is taking more time to display the graphics on your monitor and if the graphics card or driver is already problematic.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to uninstall then reinstall the graphics driver and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + S and type devmgmt.msc.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on your graphics driver.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Monitor is Using wrong gpu

GPU is fine.... Bios is fine.... Why can't Windows 10 detect my second monitor?

Now my second monitor isn't even cloned... no signal... windows 10 cannot detect a second monitor and suggests a different GPU... My GPU can support up to 3 monitors... again... ran every diagnostic on my BIOS and GPU know to man. Thank you for your assistance...
    very irritated by this simple problem.

RolandNordin, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Monitor is Using wrong gpu

1. Monitor is Using wrong gpu - Similar Threads - Monitor Using wrong

2. Monitor, GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor, GPU: Hello. My monitor has been stuck on 1600x900 since I got it, even though it says it can go to 1920x1080. The settings just don't have the 1920x1080 option and I don't know why, maybe I'm being a bit stupid, but please help!...
  3. Monitor, GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor, GPU: Hello. My monitor has been stuck on 1600x900 since I got it, even though it says it can go to 1920x1080. The settings just don't have the 1920x1080 option and I don't know why, maybe I'm being a bit stupid, but please help!...
  4. Monitor, GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor is Using wrong gpu

Monitor is Using wrong gpu: to summarise my monitor is using my IntelR UHD Graphics 630 instead of my Nvidia RTX 2080 and when i open nvidia control panel and go into the 3d settings thing it dosent have the drop down menu btw all my drivers are updated im using windows 11 and i have a desktop not a...
  6. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use: Hi, I have a pc with 3 GPUs, one Nvidia, and 2 AMD.The monitor is connected to the Nvidia and it is on PCIe. the other 2 AMD are on risers. When I run games windows always chose to run them using one of the AMD thus the resolution is wrong and the game will crash and not...
  7. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use: Hi, I have a pc with 3 GPUs, one Nvidia, and 2 AMD.The monitor is connected to the Nvidia and it is on PCIe. the other 2 AMD are on risers. When I run games windows always chose to run them using one of the AMD thus the resolution is wrong and the game will crash and not...
  8. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Resume from hibernate uses wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resume from hibernate uses wrong monitor: Windows 20H2. Dell M6800 laptop. I have a monitor in my desk that's plugged into the Display Port outlet on my docking station. If I boot the laptop the monitor on the desk is selected as the main monitor. If I hibernate and resume the laptop screen is selected and I need...
  10. Resume from hibernate uses wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from hibernate uses wrong monitor: Windows 20H2. Dell M6800 laptop. I have a monitor in my desk that's plugged into the Display Port outlet on my docking station. If I boot the laptop the monitor on the desk is selected as the main monitor. If I hibernate and resume the laptop screen is selected and I need...