Windows 10: Monitor Issue

Discus and support Monitor Issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having a problem with the color of my monitor, this issue has been going on for about a week or so and I suspect it has to do something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Karanza, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Karanza Win User

Monitor Issue

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the color of my monitor, this issue has been going on for about a week or so and I suspect it has to do something with the new 1903 update Microsoft has issued. I turned off my monitor for an hour because I needed to do something and then came back turned it back on and see something like this:

Monitor Issue fZRAFKM.png

As you can see there is dark colors around my desktop, my taskbar is the same thing and you can see that the thumbnail for the recycle bin is completely dark. Instead of my taskbar being blue, it's completely dark and the icons on that taskbar have really bad colors and they're not the correct colors as they use to be before. The desktop background is suppose to be a night sky with stars and a green tent, instead it's completely dark showing little to no color. Some of the Icons on my desktop (like the GTA 5 icon) are dark, as you can see for the gta 5 logo instead of the V being green it's completely dark.

I've tried the following things which have worked but after I turn off my monitor for about an hour or so, the problem still occurs:
    • Rebooting the PC- I've done this more than once, it does fix the issue. However, as mentioned before the same problem happens after I leave my monitor off for an hour.
    • Unplugging the cable that goes from the port on the back of my GPU to my monitor as well as from my monitor, wait for about 10 seconds then plug it back in- I've just tried this method and I'm waiting to see of that fixes the issue, so far it looks like its fixed but I'm trying to see if leaving my monitor off for an hour or longer will cause the same issue to happen. I'm not sure if a loose cable or wire causes this type of issue but I would be surprised if something like this fixes it. I'll let you guys know in the comments whether or not it resolves the issue I'm having.

My questions are:
    1.Could this issue be an issue with the Operating system within windows 10 (1903)? I know a lot of people are currently having issues with screen dis colorization due to the recent cumulative update from Microsoft and I'm curious to know if the issue I'm having is one of them. I do believe that this problem started happening a few days or a week after I did the 1903 update which was on August 29th of 2019.

2. Could it be just a loose cable on both ends of my GPU and monitor, maybe unplugging and plugging it back in will have better connection, thus resolve the issue I'm having?

3. Could it be a driver for the display adapter that isn't compatible with the new version of windows 10? I'm afraid that if I do update it then another issue would happen or the issue will never be fixed and I would have to wait a month for Microsoft to release its patches the first or second Tuesday of every month (Patch Tuesday).

I'm not sure if the drivers like the NVIDIA 3D Vision driver and the graphics driver from NVIDIA (which where removed via add or remove programs after the update took effect) caused something like this to happen due to the fact that there is a cable that goes from the back of my GPU to my monitor. The specs of my PC and model of my monitor are on my profile if you'd like to have a look at them. I did have night light turned on while doing the upgrade and I'm not sure if it's the one that is causing the issue, I did turn it off to see if it makes any difference and so far it hasn't. I also had an issue with it not working properly after my monitor went into power save mode, basically after it went under power save mode, the night light feature would stop working even when it says that it's turned on.

If you guys can provide me with as much help as possible, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

Karanza, Sep 24, 2019

2. Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Sep 24, 2019
  3. SamuelLV Win User
    'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Monitor Issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Monitor Issue

1. Monitor Issue - Similar Threads - Monitor Issue

2. Monitor connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  3. Monitor connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  4. Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update: Hi,I no longer receive signal in the monitor via usb-c after I've just updated windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. Can you please help?...
  5. Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update

Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update: Hi,I no longer receive signal in the monitor via usb-c after I've just updated windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. Can you please help?...
  6. Monitor doesn't receive any signal and it seems to be a windows issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor doesn't receive any signal and it seems to be a windows issue: my pc turns on normally with display but then 3 seconds into the login screen the display black screens and says "no signal detected". my peripherals which are plugged into my monitor still work. and my second monitor does still work so i can still do stuff on windows on that...
  7. Monitor doesn't receive any signal and it seems to be a windows issue

Monitor doesn't receive any signal and it seems to be a windows issue: my pc turns on normally with display but then 3 seconds into the login screen the display black screens and says "no signal detected". my peripherals which are plugged into my monitor still work. and my second monitor does still work so i can still do stuff on windows on that...
  8. Monitor Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Connection Issue: I'm having an issue with a third monitor not connecting all of the sudden. It's an LG smart TV running HDMI to a 1070Ti and the other two are display port and I've had it in this configuration for a couple years with no issues. For whatever reason, both of the HDMI inputs are...
  9. Monitor Connection Issue

Monitor Connection Issue: I'm having an issue with a third monitor not connecting all of the sudden. It's an LG smart TV running HDMI to a 1070Ti and the other two are display port and I've had it in this configuration for a couple years with no issues. For whatever reason, both of the HDMI inputs are...
  10. Monitor Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware