Windows 10: Monitor issue

Discus and support Monitor issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am at a loss on this one. Every time I start up my Windows 10 computer, the monitor will come on for a few seconds and then go into sleep mode. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DP_1963, Apr 19, 2021.

1. DP_1963 Win User

Monitor issue

I am at a loss on this one.

Every time I start up my Windows 10 computer, the monitor will come on for a few seconds and then go into sleep mode. I turn it off and then back on and it will stay on for a few seconds and then go black. The computer is still running fine but just can't see anything on the monitor.

How can I fix this issue?

:)

DP_1963, Apr 19, 2021

2. Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Apr 19, 2021
  3. SamuelLV Win User
    'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Monitor issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Monitor issue

1. Monitor issue - Similar Threads - Monitor issue

2. Monitor turning off and black screen issue still ongoing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor turning off and black screen issue still ongoing.: While playing a very light game my monitor stopped lost signal and my PC automatically restarted. I opened it up again and it did the same thing but this time it was making beeping noises through my headphones. This monitor disconnection's be happening for a while now, please...
  3. Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not...: Pretty much all in the title. My pc is otherwise working fine. It may help to know that I'm using displayport to connect the gpu and monitor together, and I don't think displayport is even capable of delivering sound......
  4. Double monitor setup is still causing issues.

Double monitor setup is still causing issues.: I have heard that you guys have already fixed the bug causing weird behavior in double monitor setups, however, I still believe the issues exists. Just now, my monitor randomly turned off for a few seconds, that my apps started behaving abnormally. This is an image of my...
  5. Monitor issues after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor issues after upgrading to windows 10: Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 a few months ago and I have an issue with my monitor, it says auto-configure all the time when opening games software etc, and moves the screen automatically making an empty black part at the bottom of the right side I tried changing...
  6. Weird keyboard and monitor issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird keyboard and monitor issues: I have checked drivers, power settings, BIOS settings, and windows updates. I have a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook PC, additional information below. I have a Razer Blackwidow V3 keyboard. When I lock my laptop, my keyboard does not type correctly. If I use my laptop to...
  7. Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in: Windows 10 pro 19042.867 This issue is something that has been haunting me for some time now and just recently I discovered what could be the culprit. I came across this because of a videogame called osu!. Long story short, the game renders your cursor by itself ( so no...
  8. Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in device manager,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor issue that is driving me crazy - Ghost monitors showing up in device manager,...: This issue is something that has been haunting me for some time now and just recently I discovered what could be the culprit. I came across this because of a videogame called osu!. Long story short, the game renders your cursor by itself ( so no windows pointer or...
  9. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor issue: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - all went relatively well. While messing around with the display settings I set one of the screens to 3d mode.. and it has been hell since. I cannot get both screens to work now. I can either have 1 monitor (one I didn't set to 3d) or,...
  10. Windows 10 3 monitors issue

Windows 10 3 monitors issue: Hello, so ive recently got 3 monitors for my setup and I was wondering why my main monitor shuts off when I plug my 3rd monitor into my computer my 3rd monitor is using a DVI cable and my other 2 are using hdmi and display port but only my main monitor shuts off when I plug...