Windows 10: Monitor keeps blacking out during gaming. I can only play in windowed mode.

Discus and support Monitor keeps blacking out during gaming. I can only play in windowed mode. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my monitor AOC blacking out during gaming. My computer setup: Monitor: AOC, model number 27G2, power rating:100 – 240 V,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MiroslavaP, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Monitor keeps blacking out during gaming. I can only play in windowed mode.

Hello, I have a problem with my monitor AOC blacking out during gaming.

My computer setup:
    Monitor: AOC, model number 27G2, power rating:100 – 240 V, energy usage: 28 W, frequency 144 Hz, it is conected by HDMI cable
    Procesor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, 6-Core
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
    RAM: 32 GB
    System: 64-bit
    Windows: Windows 10 Home

Description of an issue in more detail: The vast majority of videogames that I own can be played only in windowed mode, otherwise the screen keeps...

Read more

MiroslavaP, Dec 28, 2023

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 28, 2023
  3. Games in Fullscreen don't work on main Monitor

Hello,

As per the description, I understand that you are unable to play CS:GO in a particular monitor in full screen mode. I suggest you to update the display drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 28, 2023
  4. Monitor keeps blacking out during gaming. I can only play in windowed mode.

Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 28, 2023
Thema:

Monitor keeps blacking out during gaming. I can only play in windowed mode.

1. Monitor keeps blacking out during gaming. I can only play in windowed mode. - Similar Threads - Monitor keeps blacking

2. PC keeps going black then restarting during a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps going black then restarting during a game: Hi all,My PC intermittently just black screens and restarts after a few seconds no blue screen. I was looking into how to figure out what's going on, but stopped at the minidump step as that seems too far out of my knowledge.From Event Viewer, here's one of the errors that...
  3. PC keeps going black then restarting during a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps going black then restarting during a game: Hi all,My PC intermittently just black screens and restarts after a few seconds no blue screen. I was looking into how to figure out what's going on, but stopped at the minidump step as that seems too far out of my knowledge.From Event Viewer, here's one of the errors that...
  4. Can i play games on a laptop Only on Charger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i play games on a laptop Only on Charger?: Hi my official battery and charger of laptop has been damaged. And now i only bought a charger not battery. Now can i play games on my Laptop without battery only on charger? Will it be safe to play games on my laptop or do heavy tasks on it?...
  5. Can i play games on a laptop Only on Charger?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i play games on a laptop Only on Charger?: Hi my official battery and charger of laptop has been damaged. And now i only bought a charger not battery. Now can i play games on my Laptop without battery only on charger? Will it be safe to play games on my laptop or do heavy tasks on it?...
  6. Monitor black-out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor black-out: All of a sudden the monitor will go black; the computer still runs, but cannot use keyboard or mouse. No error message or code. Only resolution is to shut down and restart. Diagnostics show all is well with all the hardware. Is this a Windows 10 problem or what?...
  7. BenQ GW2283 21.5" Monitor Black Out when Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BenQ GW2283 21.5" Monitor Black Out when Playing Games: Hi All, My BenQ GW2283 21.5" NEW MonitorBlack Out when Playing Games. This happen only when playing games. Using Youtube, Watching movies. Office applications no issues at all. It is a new PCAMD Ryzen 5, 8GB RAM,250GB SSD. Only Graphics Card is usedASUS GTX750. So far I...
  8. Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On: I have the Windows 10 April 2nd 2019 Update and while I was in a game with game mode on I cannot believe what happened during a critical moment in the game: Windows 10 stops the game, pops out of fullscreen and shows the Windows we have an update for you do you want to...
  9. All games blacking out in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All games blacking out in fullscreen mode: All of my games, on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, or Uplay have this problem where they black out for about five seconds any time I click or select an option in the game. The issue occurs in fullscreen and windowed borderless mode, but doesn't in windowed mode. I've tried...
  10. Black screen during game play and videos.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen during game play and videos.: I recently installed my new GTX 1050 Ti and updated it with all the latest drivers from the Nvidia website but for some reason my monitor keeps black screening whenever I start up a game or go to watch a video on Youtube. It's not too bad with the videos as it happens for...