Windows 10: Monitor keeps cutting off and on

Discus and support Monitor keeps cutting off and on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ryzen 5 2400G (3.60 GHz) 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz 1 TB HDD 120 GB SSD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Hello, I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by k-hoff, Dec 3, 2018.

1. k-hoff Win User

Monitor keeps cutting off and on

Ryzen 5 2400G (3.60 GHz)

16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz

1 TB HDD 120 GB SSD

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB

Hello,

I have been having monitor problems ever since I hooked up my second monitor. My primary is HDMI, and the second - Yiynova MSP19U a pen tablet monitor is AVG with an DVI adapter. Since the hook-up, the 2nd has cut off and on, forcing every window and program to the primary display, sporadically from 23 seconds to nearly 10 minutes.

All cords have been checked, and plugged in properly.

I have tried adjusting the power settings, and switching primary and secondary displays.

I have reinstalled the tablet monitor drivers.

-No changes to this problem

Any advice or insight would be welcome. Please let me know if I can provide further information.

Thank you.

:)

k-hoff, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Monitor keeps cutting off and on

Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Monitor keeps cutting off and on

1. Monitor keeps cutting off and on - Similar Threads - Monitor keeps cutting

2. Second monitor display cuts off content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor display cuts off content: I use an existing TV for my second monitor for my laptops. I use flat-screen TVs primarily 2 TVs: 32" and a 55" of various ages. Works great via the HTML1 port except...When transferring, say Word, to the second display from monitor #1 the Window icon in the lower left is...
  3. Second monitor display cuts off content

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second monitor display cuts off content: I use an existing TV for my second monitor for my laptops. I use flat-screen TVs primarily 2 TVs: 32" and a 55" of various ages. Works great via the HTML1 port except...When transferring, say Word, to the second display from monitor #1 the Window icon in the lower left is...
  4. monitor display cut off at top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor display cut off at top: My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it cuts off the top drop down navigation menu. On my desktop screen I see the same line. I've searched online for solutions...
  5. monitor display cut off at top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor display cut off at top: My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it cuts off the top drop down navigation menu. On my desktop screen I see the same line. I've searched online for solutions...
  6. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges: Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions...
  7. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges: Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions...
  8. Monitor cut off at very edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor cut off at very edge: So I'm using a second monitor with my Win10 laptop. I have the 64-bit OS and I just received the laptop brand new on May 18. When I have a window completely covering the desktop, I've noticed that the edges are cut off slightly. I've already tried changing the output to...
  9. ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen

ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen: My system is ViewSonic VA2037 Series; Monitor: Recommended Resolution - 1600x900; HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p033w. My monitor doesn’t work as expected. It cuts off the screen when I go to the settings and set the Recommended resolution. I get the screen right and left sides...
  10. Sound keeps cutting off

Sound keeps cutting off: Please someone HELP! I have tried everything suggested to get my sound back. Started with update my driver, then tried to change settings, then uninstalled and reinstalled, and finally a system restore to an earlier date. Nothing has helped. Everyday I start the computer...