Windows 10: Monitor keeps moving my tab to my other monitor when the screen comes back on.

Discus and support Monitor keeps moving my tab to my other monitor when the screen comes back on. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just got a 144hz monitor so I don't know if this is the issue but I have my old 60hz 1080p monitor on my right and my old vga monitor on my left. I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kingbooforums, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Monitor keeps moving my tab to my other monitor when the screen comes back on.

Just got a 144hz monitor so I don't know if this is the issue but I have my old 60hz 1080p monitor on my right and my old vga monitor on my left. I'll have a tab on my 144hz monitor and when the PC's display turns off after not using it for a bit, it will move the tab I had on the 144hz monitor to my 60hz monitor. Does anyone know why it keeps doing this?

:)

kingbooforums, Feb 28, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Desktop icons move from main screen to extended screen monitor

Thank you! Your post was very helpful up to a point. My system is using a Dell Laptop and a 27" external monitor. It uses the Intel Graphics Adapter and Intel Display Settings utility, so I can't just follow along with your step-by-step procedures. My Primary
    has been the Laptop display and all Icons have resided there until a week ago. Now the Icons have moved to the second monitor and they go back to the laptop if I set it for built-in display only.

MikeFlanagan1, Feb 28, 2021
  4. WRAllen Win User

Monitor keeps moving my tab to my other monitor when the screen comes back on.

Black screen /Monitor

Windows 10 update for 11/14/ made my monitor screen darker than usual when it comes on and that is for about 30 seconds at a time then it goes black. I have to keep turning the monitor off and on; the computer stays on the entire time. I tried setting
    the system back to an earlier time and other suggestions on your page but nothing works.

WRAllen, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Monitor keeps moving my tab to my other monitor when the screen comes back on.

1. Monitor keeps moving my tab to my other monitor when the screen comes back on. - Similar Threads - Monitor keeps moving

2. Cursor not moving to other monitor unless I alt + tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor not moving to other monitor unless I alt + tab: So whenever I load up a game I'm unable to access my other monitor whatsoever unless I alt + tab, which completely destroys the purpose of having multiple screens. Whenever I'm not in a game my monitors work fine, it's just whenever I load one up, I cant access my second...
  3. Cursor not moving to other monitor unless I alt + tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor not moving to other monitor unless I alt + tab: So whenever I load up a game I'm unable to access my other monitor whatsoever unless I alt + tab, which completely destroys the purpose of having multiple screens. Whenever I'm not in a game my monitors work fine, it's just whenever I load one up, I cant access my second...
  4. Cursor not moving to other monitor unless I alt + tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with my right side monitor moving apps to the primary monitor when alt tabbing out...

Problem with my right side monitor moving apps to the primary monitor when alt tabbing out...: When I am playing a game full screen on my primary monitor4k, if I alt tab out of game, whatever is up on my 2nd monitor 1080p which is to the right of my primary, will switch to the primary screen. It is BEYOND annoying. It takes a couple of seconds for everything to resize...
  6. Main taskbar keeps coming back to primary monitor

Main taskbar keeps coming back to primary monitor: Hi, I have two monitors. On the first I watch videos in full screen and play games. On the second I tend to leave browsers open with pages or YouTube videos. So I unlock and drag the taskbar to the secondary display so I can see the clock and notification area while gaming....
  7. Main taskbar keeps coming back to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Main taskbar keeps coming back to primary monitor: Hi, I have two monitors. On the first I watch videos in full screen and play games. On the second I tend to leave browsers open with pages or YouTube videos. So I unlock and drag the taskbar to the secondary display so I can see the clock and notification area while gaming....
  8. Problem with my right side monitor moving apps to the primary monitor when alt tabbing out...

Problem with my right side monitor moving apps to the primary monitor when alt tabbing out...: As the heading says, when i am playing a game fullscreen on my middle primary monitor, if i alt tab out of game, whatever is up on my 3rd monitor which is to the right of my primary, will switch to the primary screen, i cant seem to find a solution to this problem other then...
  9. Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on: I am running Windows 10 in a dual monitor setup. Main monitor (LG) is connected with DisplayPort cable and is at it's naitive 4k resolution, second monitor (ASUS) is connected via HDMI at also at it's native resolution 2560x1440. Both monitors go to sleep properly...
  10. Taskbar keeps moving back to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar keeps moving back to primary monitor: Pretty much as the title says. My task bar is locked and located on the right-hand side of my second monitor. Occasionally I'll go for it and realize that it is now located on the right-hand side of my primary monitor. Most recently this happened after bringing my computer...