Windows 10: Monitor keeps sleeping

Discus and support Monitor keeps sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have an odd situation. My monitors keep going to sleep when I'm only inactive for 1 minute but the backlight will still be on. I have changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ErraticDart9559, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Monitor keeps sleeping

Hello, I have an odd situation. My monitors keep going to sleep when I'm only inactive for 1 minute but the backlight will still be on. I have changed my power settings so it should never sleep, I also have checked my monitor settings and power saving mode is turned off on both of them. What else could it be?

:)

ErraticDart9559, Mar 31, 2022

2. HP monitor keeps going to sleep

Hi Ruth,

Incorrect power settings or options can cause your computer's monitor to constantly go to sleep. For us to properly isolate your case, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Which Windows version/build are you using?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Do you also remember changing or modifying your monitor's default settings?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 31, 2022
  3. SueOgle Win User
    monitor keeps going into sleep mode

monitor keeps going into sleep mode

SueOgle, Mar 31, 2022
  4. Monitor keeps sleeping

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 31, 2022
Thema:

Monitor keeps sleeping

1. Monitor keeps sleeping - Similar Threads - Monitor keeps sleeping

2. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  3. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  4. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  5. Monitor keeps sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor keeps sleeping: Hello, I have an odd situation. My monitors keep going to sleep when I'm only inactive for 1 minute but the backlight will still be on. I have changed my power settings so it should never sleep, I also have checked my monitor settings and power saving mode is turned off on...
  6. Monitor keeps sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor keeps sleeping: Hello, I have an odd situation. My monitors keep going to sleep when I'm only inactive for 1 minute but the backlight will still be on. I have changed my power settings so it should never sleep, I also have checked my monitor settings and power saving mode is turned off on...
  7. Second monitor keeps going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor keeps going to sleep.: Hi, I have connected a monitor to my laptop with a HDMI cord, When i am using the second screenmonitor as primary, I have Spotify playing but if there is no activity within 5 minutes the screen goes black. when I press the keyboard the screen comes back, and the music had...
  8. No monitor sleep?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No monitor sleep?: Simple problem: although my monitor is set to turn off after 10 minutes, it doesn't turn off. Any ideas why?? Nothing running else but what I had in W7... 16424
  9. Sleep on Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep on Monitor: Everytime I reboot my monitor says Monitor is going to sleep, then logo from Dell then boots, been doing this for a year, I use no sleep functions in power options, anyone know how to fix? 34569
  10. Monitors are sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors are sleeping: Since reimaging my work laptop to 10 my monitors keep going to sleep. I have selected the performance plan and changed the monitor sleep timeout to 1 hour on both battery and AC. I've even checked through the advanced settings yet my monitors keep turning off after less than...