Windows 10: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse don't wake up from sleep

Discus and support Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse don't wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Currently running 1809, but this happens on latest stable and even insider preview versions. I hit sleep, and the PC goes into sleep mode normally,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NateDevCSharp, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse don't wake up from sleep

Currently running 1809, but this happens on latest stable and even insider preview versions.

I hit sleep, and the PC goes into sleep mode normally, in about 2 seconds. However, when I go to wake it up from sleep, the PC turns on and the case RGB lights up and everything, but the monitor, keyboard and mouse stay off.

When I click the keyboard or mouse the RGB flashes and then turns off again, and if I turn the monitor on and off all it does is just say No Signal for 10s and then it turns off again. What I end up having to do is turn the PC off by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and then turning it back on again.

I am running the AMD FX 6200 and the AMD RX 570 GPU. I'm running the system off of a Kingston 128GB SSD.

This issue also happens on my MacOS Big Sur installation, but surprisingly the PC suspends normally on Linux distributions, like Ubuntu or ArchLinux.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting steps? Thanks so much, this issue is really annoying, as it essentially means I can't use sleep mode at all.

submitted by /u/NateDevCSharp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NateDevCSharp, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Vega Hassan, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• I'm having a very difficult time following the narrative in your last five (5) replies.
    I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.

• Have you or have you not installed Avast Free?
    I hadn't uninstalled it, only deactivated it; but just now I did uninstall it, then re-booted the laptop, put it to sleep and tried to wake it using the mouse. No luck.

• You just posted: "Just now, I disconnected the mouse, keyboard and monitor; manually put it to sleep using the Start Menu icons (because the lid action is still set to do nothing); closed the lid; and when I opened the lid it woke up."
    • So the Notebook PC (laptop) "wakes up" now as long as the external devices (i.e., mouse; keyboard; monitor) are not connected to the ASUS device, is that correct?
    Mouse and keyboard connected or disconnected doesn't have any effect on what happens:

- Opening the lid wakes the laptop.

- If the lid is already open and I put the laptop to sleep, pressing the power button wakes up the laptop.

- Lid open or closed, if I put the laptop to sleep and try to wake it using the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

eljaycanuck, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Trepid Win User

Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse don't wake up from sleep

Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made:

-Under device manager i made sure keyboard and mouse can wake the computer up.

- Turned off fast startup.

- Used these commands in the command prompt: powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg.exe /hibernate on.

- Changed power settings to allow hybrid sleep off and allow wake timers Enable.

- Went to BIOS upon restarting at went to the power section and made sure that the keyboard can wake the PC and selected wake with any key on the mouse.

- After all of that failed to fix the issue I went back to the advanced power settings and reset to default. That still did not fix the problem. I have to push the power button to wake the PC up.

Trepid, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse don't wake up from sleep

1. Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse don't wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor Keyboard Mouse

2. Mouse and keyboard don't work on wake-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard don't work on wake-up: Have had this happen several times and had to do a hard reboot.Also, a lot of 100% disk following wakeup.Windows 10 and drivers apparently up to date.Do I need a new hard drive, or something else?...
  3. Mouse and keyboard don't work on wake-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard don't work on wake-up: Have had this happen several times and had to do a hard reboot.Also, a lot of 100% disk following wakeup.Windows 10 and drivers apparently up to date.Do I need a new hard drive, or something else?...
  4. Mouse and keyboard don't work on wake-up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  6. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  7. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Second monitor not waking up from sleep

Second monitor not waking up from sleep: Hey there,I have a problem with my dual monitor setup and the problem is that my second monitors seems to have a problem with waking up from sleep mode. Primary monitor doesn't have this issue, which makes me kinda confused.The monitors are use Asus ProArt PA278QV, they both...
  9. Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse not waking up when resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse not waking up when resuming from sleep: I've been facing this issue for a while now regarding sleep mode. The PC enters sleep mode normally, but when I click the power button again to wake up the system, the keyboard and mouse stays off, and the monitor doesn't turn on. Everything inside the case turns on (fans,...
  10. Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep: So there are a couple of times (not very often) when my keyboard OR mouse doesn't work after waking up my Win 10 system from sleep. What I do is to let it sleep and wake it up again and everything seems to be normal again. Not something major but definitely an annoyance. The...