Windows 10: Monitor / Laptop Connection

Discus and support Monitor / Laptop Connection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have Windows 10 on a new Asus VivoBook15 laptop with Intel Core i5 and iRISxe graphics. Monitor is HP ultraslim technicolour 24"Each time my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DaearGeo, Aug 5, 2022.

1. DaearGeo Win User

Monitor / Laptop Connection

Hi,I have Windows 10 on a new Asus VivoBook15 laptop with Intel Core i5 and iRISxe graphics. Monitor is HP ultraslim technicolour 24"Each time my laptop goes into screensarver mode the connection to the monitor is lost - I have to remove and reinstall my HDMI cable to restore the connection.Also I cannot use some programmes on the monitor e.g. I can only use Microsoft Publisher on the laptop screen as the functionality of dragging, dropping / resizing etc. is lost on the monitor and it all goes a bit screwy.This was never a problem, with my old HP laptop.I've tried a new HDMI cableMany thanks

:)

DaearGeo, Aug 5, 2022

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Connect laptop to monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft forum.

Regarding your query on how to connect your laptop to your monitor, we suggest to contact your manufacturer. Maybe one of the issue is your display adapter because you cannot connect to your monitor.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 5, 2022
  4. AJMazza Win User

Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Monitor / Laptop Connection - Similar Threads - Monitor Laptop Connection

2. Laptop is not connecting to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is not connecting to monitor: Hi,So everyday multiple times im switching my hdmi cable from my laptop to xbox using the same monitor, but now suddenly when i put the cable in my laptop the LG monitor says ''No signal Entering power saving mode shortly''. I have checked and changed to a different cable and...
  3. Laptop is not connecting to monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is not connecting to monitor: Hi,So everyday multiple times im switching my hdmi cable from my laptop to xbox using the same monitor, but now suddenly when i put the cable in my laptop the LG monitor says ''No signal Entering power saving mode shortly''. I have checked and changed to a different cable and...
  4. Laptop will not connect to monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will not connect to monitors: My laptop no longer recognizes either of my monitors. It was connecting to them yesterday and now today I can't get either one to connect. Here's what I've done: Unplugged both cables from the monitor and the power sourceEnsured the monitor settings are correct HDMI &...
  5. Laptop will not connect to monitors

Laptop will not connect to monitors: My laptop no longer recognizes either of my monitors. It was connecting to them yesterday and now today I can't get either one to connect. Here's what I've done: Unplugged both cables from the monitor and the power sourceEnsured the monitor settings are correct HDMI &...
  6. Monitor / Laptop Connection

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor / Laptop Connection: Hi,I have Windows 10 on a new Asus VivoBook15 laptop with Intel Core i5 and iRISxe graphics. Monitor is HP ultraslim technicolour 24"Each time my laptop goes into screensarver mode the connection to the monitor is lost - I have to remove and reinstall my HDMI cable to restore...
  7. Monitor / Laptop Connection

Monitor / Laptop Connection: Hi,I have Windows 10 on a new Asus VivoBook15 laptop with Intel Core i5 and iRISxe graphics. Monitor is HP ultraslim technicolour 24"Each time my laptop goes into screensarver mode the connection to the monitor is lost - I have to remove and reinstall my HDMI cable to restore...
  8. Lenova Laptop and connected monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenova Laptop and connected monitor: Hi all. I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 laptop that I have a larger monitor attached to. I am running Windows 10, version 1909, build # 18363.1316. I have changed the setting to allow me to close the laptop so that it does nothingIE; go to sleep. When I close the laptop, the laptop...
  9. Laptop not connecting to monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not connecting to monitor: After updating my drivers from settings my laptop won't connect to monitor, and my laptop's screen is broken so I can't see what happened submitted by /u/Khalidrhg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lan1bm/laptop_not_connecting_to_monitor/
  10. Connecting a monitor to a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a monitor to a laptop: Why is it that when I connect my yoga 730 laptop to my 4k monitor, the displayt isn't 4k. The display adapter is up to date and the laptop is new. When I disabled the display adapter and used microsoft basic display it was even 4k. Why is the basic display even better than my...