Windows 10: Monitor loses Connection while playing Games, Pc works fine though?

Discus and support Monitor loses Connection while playing Games, Pc works fine though? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey since a few days I have the problem that my Monitor loses connection to my PC up to 10 Minutes after I started a game, saying "No signal". My PC is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Lektronize, May 24, 2019.

1. Monitor loses Connection while playing Games, Pc works fine though?

Hey since a few days I have the problem that my Monitor loses connection to my PC up to 10 Minutes after I started a game, saying "No signal". My PC is still running, I can still hear the ingame-Sound from my Headset. This only happens when I play a Game, I can be on my PC for hours browsing the Internet (not playing a game) and nothing happens. Additionally, I tried playing the Games "Observation", "Surviving Mars", "Deep Rock Galactic" and "Fission Superstar X". For the first three, It happened after around 5-10 Mins. The last one I played for like 25 Minutes with nothing happening. The last game is a really simple 2D-Game, so maybe the Problem has something to do with the Workload that my Pc has when playing a Game? Im going to try playing Overwatch now and see if it happens there also, will update.

-Plugging the Cable from my Monitor to my Pc out and in doesnt fix it.
    -I even switched the Cable with another one and it still happens, so It cant be the Cable.
    -I also doubt that my Monitor is the problem.
    -I already completely de- and reinstalled my Graphics Driver and that didnt help either.

I dont really know what I could try now. My Pc is a bit dusty, I am going to buy a can of air to dedust it. I hope that will work but Im not sure.

Do you have any other suggestions what It could be and how to fix it?

A bit of basic Info about my System:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 840
    Propus 45nm Technology
    RAM
    8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A77TD (AM3)
    Graphics
    ZOWIE RL LCD (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (Gigabyte)
    Storage
    298GB Seagate ST3320418AS ATA Device (SATA )
    298GB Seagate ST3320418AS ATA Device (SATA )
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device

- - - Updated - - -

Update:
    Same thing with Overwatch. I just wanted to test a variety of games to see that its not a game-specific issue or something.

:)

Lektronize, May 24, 2019
  2. FMG
    FMG Win User

PC loses signal to monitor

While I play a video game, FPS in game start dropping and the monitor loses signal, but the PC is still working. Today I tried the thingy with Capslock and after I pressed it two times, my PC stopped. After I turned it back on it booted, but a black screen appeared and not the logo and after that it rebooted itself and now it's working. I can't play video games at all anymore.

My CPU is i5-3450 3.10 and graphic card GTX 650.

I had this problem even on previous version of windows.

I can watch movies and videos on chrome fine, but when I play games the hell unleashes.

Please help me *Sad.

3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, May 24, 2019
  4. Monitor loses Connection while playing Games, Pc works fine though?

play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Monitor loses Connection while playing Games, Pc works fine though?

1. Monitor loses Connection while playing Games, Pc works fine though? - Similar Threads - Monitor loses Connection

2. PC crashes while playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes while playing a game: HiMu PC crashes while playing a gameIt only occurs while a game is running. Suddenly the PC crashes and I have to restart it manually with the button.If I go to the event viewer I see these errors:El servicio GLCKIO2 no pudo iniciarse debido al siguiente error: El sistema no...
  3. PC crashes while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes while playing game: My whole PC freezes then restarts itself while I'm playing games and I received three different bug check codesSpecs areI9 10850kZ490-E STRIX3080 STRIX OC32GB 36000 mhz ram750SFX Platinum PSU from CorsairHere’s the link for minidump. Any help would be great....
  4. Monitors turning off while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors turning off while playing game: Hello!So i have this problem, when i play PC Building Simulator my monitor just turns off after 6 min, but i can hear the sound and the fans and all other stuff is working, just monitors turning off. I have checked the temperature - GPU: 70 degrees, mby a bit more, CPU: 50...
  5. Monitors turning off while playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors turning off while playing game: Hello!So i have this problem, when i play PC Building Simulator my monitor just turns off after 6 min, but i can hear the sound and the fans and all other stuff is working, just monitors turning off. I have checked the temperature - GPU: 70 degrees, mby a bit more, CPU: 50...
  6. Losing internet connection when playing demanding games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing internet connection when playing demanding games: Since upgrading from a GTX 970 to a GTX 1080, I have started losing internet connection when playing demanding games. The ones I’ve noticed it on are Star Citizen and Red Dead Redemption 2. After playing for a bit normally happens within a few mins but can take longer...
  7. Monitor falling asleep while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor falling asleep while playing games: I know exactly what caused the issue and it occurs for only one program that engages my dgpu. Other games and applications don't do this. It only started when I manually added the program in question to the list of customizable programs on nvidia control panel. The game is...
  8. pc loses connection to monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    pc loses connection to monitor: so i didnt have this problem before and all the sudden yesterday my pc loses connetion with my monitor pc still on and sounding normal no overheating what so ever i can still hear music and stuff and it only happends when i play games and edit videos yesterday i lost like so...
  9. Monitor loses Connection while playing Games, Pc works fine though?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor loses Connection while playing Games, Pc works fine though?: Hey since a few days I have the problem that my Monitor loses connection to my PC up to 10 Minutes after I started a game, saying "No signal". My PC is still running, I can still hear the ingame-Sound from my Headset. This only happens when I play a Game, I can be on my PC...
  10. PC Will Not Connect to WiFi Even Though WiFi Connection Is Fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC Will Not Connect to WiFi Even Though WiFi Connection Is Fine: Recently my Windows 10 PC has been having an issue where it is the only device that will not connect to internet. I turn the wifi off and on again multiple times and sometimes it takes 10 tries before it finally connects. One minute it's fine and suddenly the connection drops...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc looses connection to monitor but is still on

2. games lose connection with monitor