Windows 10: Monitor loses signal while in idle

Discus and support Monitor loses signal while in idle in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Monitor keeps losing signal after idiling for awhile after I did the Windows 10 update a few days ago. I have checked for updates and keeps saying up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CandaceWhite1, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Monitor loses signal while in idle

Monitor keeps losing signal after idiling for awhile after I did the Windows 10 update a few days ago. I have checked for updates and keeps saying up to date. I have to turn it off and restart it twice each time to get it back up. How can I fix this?

:)

CandaceWhite1, Jan 26, 2019
  2. RCoon Win User

GTX 1050 ti Monitors Lose Signal

So far there's been a catalogue of symptoms, and the worrying thing is there are literally pages and pages of the same issue with GTX 1050's on the GeForce forums.

Symptoms so far:
    • After getting to the logon screen, both my 4K monitor (plugged in via DP) and my 1080p monitor (plugged in via HDMI) spuriously lose signal for ~5 seconds then come back. This happens constantly with no apparent timing.
    • Whenever I open a game launcher (not a game), or Google Chrome, the screen flickers again, only this time I get a Windows 10 event alert saying "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware".
    • When I check event viewer System logs, the yellow triangle simply says "nvlddmkm stopped responding" in each case of the monitors losing signal.
    Attempted fixes from numerous threads:
    • Installed the latest Game Ready "stable" drivers, installed latest "beta" drivers, and also installed some random "stable" drivers from a month ago. Uninstalled previous drivers with DDU each time and restarted before and after installation. Issue seems to persist sporadically.
    • Turned PCI Power Management off in Windows Power Settings. No change.
    • Switched Power settings in NVidia Control Panel to Maximum Performance. No change.
    • Gone into the registry and added a QWord(64bit) to CurrentControlSet001/Graphics/Drivers called "TdrDelay" and set it to 8 (also tried 10). No change.
    • Tried unplugging the secondary monitor. Managed to play Warframe for an entire evening without a monitor signal loss.
    • Switched secondary monitor to DVI Single Link cable to 1050 ti, and also tried secondary monitor on iGPU with primary monitor on 1050 ti. Still get signal losses on main monitor, secondary monitor does the same but is delayed (WTF?).
    • Downclocked GPU 50Mhz. No change.
    • Increased Power Limit by 5%. No change.
    Fixes I still need to try:
    • Try a different DP cable in main monitor/try HDMI cable instead.
    • I get the signal loss when I open Chrome, going to turn off hardware acceleration as that apparently solves things
    • Use a DWord(32bit) registry key instead of QWord for TdrDelay
    • Going to try the 375.50 drivers, as they're allegedly old but stable for low power Pascal GPUs.
    • Resetting CMOS for whatever reasons - some random guy said this solved his issues.
    Fairly convinced it's not a hardware issue since there are so many people with the same issue as me. One slight glimmer of explanation is that Micron memory may be at fault, I need to check if its Samsung or Micron stuff on mine. Apparently there were some GTX 1070 stability issues with Micron VRAM that were fixed with an update.

My entire system has been stable for years, sporting a R9 295x2 up until 6 months ago with no stability problems. Doubt it's PSU related. Motherboard is also on the latest 2.50 BIOS.

Help me TPU, you're my only hope.

RCoon, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Monitors Lose Signal On Boot

I have 3 Benq xl2720z monitors all using dp.

In the morning I went to turn on my monitors to find out there was no signal in any of them. I then rebooted my computer and when I got to the spinning orb, my computers faded to black in the middle of it and lost signal. I didn't even get to the login screen.

I then decided to try each monitor by themselves starting with the left monitor. this monitor managed to the login and to the desktop. However it still faded to black as if it was about to lose signal in the middle of the spinning orb. However it managed to recover I guess and show the login. The part that I noticed is that it took much less time to normally to get to the login so something is not right.

I then tried the middle monitor. The first try I got to the desktop just to lose signal a second later. The second try I lost signal during the spinning orb.

For the right monitor, I lost signal when I got to the desktop. Didn't bother trying again with it.

Since the left monitor I could get somewhere I decided to go and plug that one in so I could go and write this, however I accidently plugged in the middle monitor but it was idea I did because something new happened.

I got to the login and desktop fine and it never faded to pure black in the middle of the spinning orb. It showed the whole animation but the second one with the blue screen. It also longer to boot up which was how it was suppose to be.

So I no idea what is going on. It all feels random. Can someone help me with this?

I'm going to try rebooting again and see if the middle monitor is fine now and then I'm going to try all 3 together.

EDIT: Tried again with the middle monitor, it booted without issues. Tried again with 3 monitors, it booted to desktop without going to no signal, however the boot was shorter. Is there a reason for Windows 10 to not go to the seconded spinning orb with the blue screen?

Danielzxzx, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Monitor loses signal while in idle

Monitor losing signal during start-up

I've been getting issues in the last week while trying to start up my computer.

Either my monitor loses its signal during the blue screen with the rotating white dots or my motherboard graphics card is being used instead of the one that my monitors are plugged into.

The graphics card (EVGA Nvidia GeForce 960) is still currently working as I have been able to log in successfully on a few occasions, but my monitor often loses its signal shortly afterwards.

I have tried to re-install my graphics driver, using DDU to remove the previous versions in safe mode, many times with no avail.

If anyone can give me any insight to this, I will be very grateful.

Greaterdemon, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Monitor loses signal while in idle

1. Monitor loses signal while in idle - Similar Threads - Monitor loses signal

2. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  3. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  4. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pc monitor keeps losing signal.

My pc monitor keeps losing signal.: So it just somtimes randomly loses signal and then mabye a minute later it comes back on. It very stranger I have tried reseting pc and also checked to see if any loose connections.all driver are updated I am so confused.when I boot up just before the login screen it loses...
  6. AWCC.exe causing monitor to lose signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AWCC.exe causing monitor to lose signal.: About a week ago I launched Overwatch to my monitor randomly losing signal. My pc was still running because I could still hear audio coming from my headphones. This is happened consistently with more powerful games and anytime my PC requires processing power. I went on the...
  7. AWCC.exe causing monitor to lose signal.

AWCC.exe causing monitor to lose signal.: About a week ago I launched Overwatch to my monitor randomly losing signal. My pc was still running because I could still hear audio coming from my headphones. This is happened consistently with more powerful games and anytime my PC requires processing power. I went on the...
  8. After Windows update, monitors will lose signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows update, monitors will lose signal: Starting back in the summer, windows 10 started updating without my asking. Every time it updates, things will be fine for about 10 minutes. Then I lose signal to my monitors. 10 to 30 seconds after that, I lose the sound. The keyboard doesn't work. The only way to get signal...
  9. PC loses signal to monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC loses signal to monitor: While I play a video game, FPS in game start dropping and the monitor loses signal, but the PC is still working. Today I tried the thingy with Capslock and after I pressed it two times, my PC stopped. After I turned it back on it booted, but a black screen appeared and not...
  10. Monitors Lose Signal On Boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors Lose Signal On Boot: I have 3 Benq xl2720z monitors all using dp. In the morning I went to turn on my monitors to find out there was no signal in any of them. I then rebooted my computer and when I got to the spinning orb, my computers faded to black in the middle of it and lost signal. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc loses signal but it is still powered

2. windows 10 monitors lose signal hdmi and displayport when idle

3. pc crash when idle monitor no signal

4. gpu signal comes and goes when idle