Windows 10: Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird"

Discus and support Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there, first up sorry, i am not even sure this is the right category for this post. if it is at the wrong place feel free to move it. Monitor:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Smallfoe, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Smallfoe Win User

Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird"

Hey there,

first up sorry, i am not even sure this is the right category for this post. if it is at the wrong place feel free to move it.

Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster XL 2370

I am using this monitor as my second one and it is actualy doing all it has to do. there are just 2 things which are odd.

Atleast once a day the Brightness menu pops up, does nothin, but the button on the monitor actualy greys out. I dont know why that is.
    And the monitor menu on the monitor itself, like all the buttons, even turning on and off, do NOT work at all. i press them and nothin happens. no reaction at all.

I hope somebody can help me with that.

Best regards!

-SF

:)

Smallfoe, Jul 17, 2019

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Weird second monitor behavior

Hi all,

I have installed Win 10 and it seems to work fine, with one exception.

I have two monitors installed. When turning the PC on, only the main one

works, the second one stays black. I thought it was a simple compatibility

problem but then I noticed that

1. If I go "Start -> Reboot" the second monitor turns on and works fine on reboot.

2. If I let the PC "time out" so that the energy saving settings kick in and

both monitors are turned off, when I move the mouse to resume working

the second monitor turns on and works fine. :-O

Some technical info, if needed: I'm using a desktop PC with Samsung

SyncMaster EX2220 as main monitor and SyncMaster 2023W as secondary

monitor. Both monitors appear installed on the "Settings -> Show Connected

Device" menu. Also, I tried updating their drivers and it says that both drivers

are already updated to the latest version. Same can be said for the GPU (AMD

Radeon HD 7700).

Has anyone else had this weird problem?

Thanks a lot!

M.

Mauro29091974, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird"

Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird"

1. Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird" - Similar Threads - Monitor menu working

2. Monitor acting very weird!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor acting very weird!: My 223V5 Philips monitor has been acting weird lately and I've tried keeping up with it but it's too distracting. It keeps pushing buttons randomly on its own, it presses its "AUTO" button rapidly at times this just makes my screen 4:3 instead of the normal 16:9 and this...
  3. Monitor acting very weird!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor acting very weird!: My 223V5 Philips monitor has been acting weird lately and I've tried keeping up with it but it's too distracting. It keeps pushing buttons randomly on its own, it presses its "AUTO" button rapidly at times this just makes my screen 4:3 instead of the normal 16:9 and this...
  4. Monitor acting very weird!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar acting weird with a third monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar acting weird with a third monitor: I have 3 monitors, 2 of them run at 144hz and one with the problem is a huion kamvas pro 16 with 60hz refresh rate. Everything is working perfectly then suddenly I notice the taskbar in the huion have a darker color compared to the other 2 monitors, which never happen before...
  6. Taskbar acting weird with a third monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar acting weird with a third monitor: I have 3 monitors, 2 of them run at 144hz and one with the problem is a huion kamvas pro 16 with 60hz refresh rate. Everything is working perfectly then suddenly I notice the taskbar in the huion have a darker color compared to the other 2 monitors, which never happen before...
  7. Taskbar acting weird with a third monitor

8. Mouse is acting weird between two monitors.

Mouse is acting weird between two monitors.: I recently got another monitor for my pc setup, and it works fine, the only problem is that my mouse has started to act weird after the setup was complete. The mouse cursor seems to be shifting up when I move the mouse to the right, and down when I move it to the left.Now the...
  9. Monitor turns black and PC acts weird.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor turns black and PC acts weird.: Randomly after about 10 minutes of use my monitor goes black and the fans get louder. The led’s on my fans also turn to the color that they do when I turn my pc on or off. I can’t do anything after this happens. Can’t even use the power button on the case. Please help!!...
  10. Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird": Hey there, first up sorry, i am not even sure this is the right category for this post. if it is at the wrong place feel free to move it. Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster XL 2370 I am using this monitor as my second one and it is actualy doing all it has to do. there are just 2...