Windows 10: Monitor no longer works after windows update.

Discus and support Monitor no longer works after windows update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My acer kg251q 240hz monitor is no longer detected after the windows update. I have tried the following: system restore, it blue screened on startup, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SoldHyperion73, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Monitor no longer works after windows update.

My acer kg251q 240hz monitor is no longer detected after the windows update. I have tried the following: system restore, it blue screened on startup, I also tried a different display port cable, and a clean install of the graphic drivers.

:)

SoldHyperion73, Mar 16, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Mar 16, 2019
  4. elbeasto Win User

Monitor no longer works after windows update.

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Monitor no longer works after windows update.

1. Monitor no longer works after windows update. - Similar Threads - Monitor longer works

2. Main monitor no longer working after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor no longer working after windows update: This morning I updated my pc but after coming back this afternoon it no longer recognizes my main monitor, only the second one. I've checked the cable, reinstalled drivers, reset the gpu, made sure the extend monitor setting is selected and more, yet my pc will no longer...
  3. Main monitor no longer working after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main monitor no longer working after windows update: This morning I updated my pc but after coming back this afternoon it no longer recognizes my main monitor, only the second one. I've checked the cable, reinstalled drivers, reset the gpu, made sure the extend monitor setting is selected and more, yet my pc will no longer...
  4. Main monitor no longer working after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Type C monitor will no longer work after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type C monitor will no longer work after windows 11 update: Today 3/12/23 I updated my Asus Tuf Dash 15 to the recent release of Windows 11, everything went fine and the update seemed to be going through. My computer said it was restarting and then it went black, with no display at all for a few minutes, I then unplugged my external...
  6. Type C monitor will no longer work after windows 11 update

Type C monitor will no longer work after windows 11 update: Today 3/12/23 I updated my Asus Tuf Dash 15 to the recent release of Windows 11, everything went fine and the update seemed to be going through. My computer said it was restarting and then it went black, with no display at all for a few minutes, I then unplugged my external...
  7. Dual monitors no longer working after downloading Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors no longer working after downloading Windows 11.: Dual monitor no longer working after download. It worked fine until I closed laptop for the night. This morning the system says "we didn't find another display. It will allow me to choose one or the other monitor, but not to select both....
  8. Dual monitors no longer working after downloading Windows 11.

Dual monitors no longer working after downloading Windows 11.: Dual monitor no longer working after download. It worked fine until I closed laptop for the night. This morning the system says "we didn't find another display. It will allow me to choose one or the other monitor, but not to select both....
  9. After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.: The last 6 months every has been working fine. I have an USB-C Hub that I use to connect my two external monitors with HDMI. Last night, I updated my Nvidia RTX 2060 drivers and all was good. Had a Windows Update that required a restart and everything was fine. Upon waking up...
  10. After recent Windows 10 updates, my external monitor no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After recent Windows 10 updates, my external monitor no longer works: I have 2 old laptops, using VGA to HDMI converter. Both worked fine before the update but now there is no signal coming from VGA port on either one. I've updated video drivers (and tried older drivers but it doesn't seem like they were updated with the Windows update),...