Windows 10: Monitor No Signal Issue

Discus and support Monitor No Signal Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer is an optiplex 7080 used for work. Monitor is LG with the only applicable port being hdmi, as the PC only has displayport available for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeraldDeeds, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Monitor No Signal Issue

Computer is an optiplex 7080 used for work. Monitor is LG with the only applicable port being hdmi, as the PC only has displayport available for the monitor. Connected via an adaptor from displayport to hdmi. Computer and monitor have worked fine together in the past, however after a forced restart the display only gets as far as DELL before going black with a "no signal, switching to power saving mode" message. On boot the monitor occasionally displays a message that the resolution is incorrect. Both doing nothing and attempting to adjust the resolution do nothing. No menu option aside from i

:)

GeraldDeeds, Jan 20, 2022

2. Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE while playing Wizard 101

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

This happens if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of the monitor. The video card is feeding the monitor a signal stream in excess of what the monitor can accommodate. The two main causes for this are that either the resolution
    or the vertical frequency is set high.

You may try the troubleshooting steps listed in HP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors - Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about
    No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save
    and check if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Uditha Win User

Monitor No Signal Issue

Monitor - No Input Signal

So you are suggesting that in the event this cable goes for a six, I try out the HDMI port? Seems quite a tenable suggestion - I never thought of that!

Uditha, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Monitor No Signal Issue

1. Monitor No Signal Issue - Similar Threads - Monitor Signal Issue

2. Monitor out of signal issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor out of signal issue: HeyI installed new SSD for my hp laptop. So Windows also reinstalled, but after it when I connect my laptop to monitor because laptop's display was cracked! my monitor showing "input range is out of signal, please set the resolution to 1280x1024 ". so I get in to the safe...
  3. Monitor out of signal issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor out of signal issue: HeyI installed new SSD for my hp laptop. So Windows also reinstalled, but after it when I connect my laptop to monitor because laptop's display was cracked! my monitor showing "input range is out of signal, please set the resolution to 1280x1024 ". so I get in to the safe...
  4. Monitor out of signal issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor No Signal Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor No Signal Issue: Computer is an optiplex 7080 used for work. Monitor is LG with the only applicable port being hdmi, as the PC only has displayport available for the monitor. Connected via an adaptor from displayport to hdmi. Computer and monitor have worked fine together in the past, however...
  6. Monitor No Signal Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor No Signal Issue: Computer is an optiplex 7080 used for work. Monitor is LG with the only applicable port being hdmi, as the PC only has displayport available for the monitor. Connected via an adaptor from displayport to hdmi. Computer and monitor have worked fine together in the past, however...
  7. Fix Acer monitor no signal issue

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Acer monitor no signal issue: [ATTACH]A desktop computer and a monitor are connected with each other via a cable. Every input given to a computer is displayed on the monitor in the form such that a user can understand. The signal coming from the computer tells the monitor what to display. If you see a “No...
  8. No Signal on Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Signal on Monitor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jamesbrad04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgy9k5/no_signal_on_monitor/
  9. No signal to monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No signal to monitors: Hi guys, have tried browsing around but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking to be honest, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction. This morning I've gone to hop on my computer and I've got no signal to any of my screens 2 desktop...
  10. Monitor no signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor no signal: My system unit boots perfectly, the videocard is working etc. But it says on my monitor that it has no signal. I checked every wirings and all. Is this a faulty ram ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-no-signal/584e85e7-7d09-4afb-86e0-8f837b1263dd