Windows 10: Monitor Not Being Recognised

Discus and support Monitor Not Being Recognised in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a Window's 10 update this week and now my monitor - Dell E2313H - has lost its resolution settings. It was set to 1920x1080, but the drop down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SayWhat, Jun 5, 2019.

1. SayWhat Win User

Monitor Not Being Recognised

I had a Window's 10 update this week and now my monitor - Dell E2313H - has lost its resolution settings. It was set to 1920x1080, but the drop down under Display Settings only goes up to 1280x1024. I looked in Device Manager and found that under Monitor it only says "Generic...". So I right-clicked and updated the drivers and although it now recognises it as a Dell E2313H the resolution settings drop down is the same. I've done a couple of restarts and also Check for Updates but nothing difference.

How can I get back to my 1920x1080 resolution setting?

:)

SayWhat, Jun 5, 2019

2. Monitor not recognised

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Method 1:
    Suggest you to refer to the suggestion by David F from the following link and check if it helps.
    No signal found by monitor for HDMI or DVI. Monitor finds VGA signal just fine.

Method 2:
    If the issue persists then suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest graphics card driver and check if it helps.
    Uninstall the Device Drivers

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Let us know if this helps.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Grpahics card and monitor not recognised by Windows 10

My ACER G277Hl and my Graphics card GE Force 210 are not recognised by Windows 10.

I have tried to use the manufacturer disk to add the Graphics card driver but get the message that it cannot be installed because the card is not recognised

I have tried downloading the manufacturer driver for the monitor with the same result.

In device manager there is no graphics device listed under others when I use view to see hidden files.

Do I need to reinstall windows 10 and loose all my applications?

Even if I take this drastic step will it fix the problem?

I am inclined to reinstall Windows 7

JohnCMcAllister, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Monitor Not Being Recognised - Similar Threads - Monitor Being Recognised

2. headset being recognised as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset being recognised as headphones: i cant seem to get my headset and mic to connect as headset but instead it connects as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-being-recognised-as-headphones/1162f263-5661-40a5-8178-f13ebcc55f37
  3. headset being recognised as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset being recognised as headphones: i cant seem to get my headset and mic to connect as headset but instead it connects as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-being-recognised-as-headphones/1162f263-5661-40a5-8178-f13ebcc55f37
  4. PC recognising "ghost" monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC recognising "ghost" monitor: I´m asking this question for my partner. She has a desktop PC which uses a VGA > HDMI cable to connect to her monitor. I borrowed her monitor to use on my laptop and i used a HDMI cable on both ends. Now when trying to use her computer after few months it recognizes an...
  5. PC recognising "ghost" monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC recognising "ghost" monitor: I´m asking this question for my partner. She has a desktop PC which uses a VGA > HDMI cable to connect to her monitor. I borrowed her monitor to use on my laptop and i used a HDMI cable on both ends. Now when trying to use her computer after few months it recognizes an...
  6. Ram not being recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram not being recognised: HiI am having problem with my pc. I have changed my computer from 32bit to 64bit. I am having 4gb ram and the os is win10. But it is still showing 3.49gb. I cleaned the ram and tried different suggestions but it still not recognized. Please help me!Thanks,Abhi...
  7. Default Mail not being recognised

Default Mail not being recognised: I am running Win 10 with Mail that came with it selected as the default program. However, whenever I try to "send by email" the system tells me that I do NOT have a program associated!! My email works fine in all other ways with multiple accounts but Win10 does not seem to...
  8. Camera Not Being Recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera Not Being Recognised: I have a camera I am trying to connect to my new computer (webcam). It works fine on my other computer but doesn’t work on my current one. Camera: USB Shows up in audio in devices on my other computer Doesn’t even show up in device manager on my new computer Could someone...
  9. Memory card not being recognised

Memory card not being recognised: I have a Dell Inspiron 5750 laptop running Windows 10. The memory card has suddenly stopped being recognised when I insert it. The drive does not come up in File Explorer. I've done a system restore to when it was working and installed the Realtek Card reader from the...
  10. QT5WEBKIT.DLL NOT BEING RECOGNISED BY WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    QT5WEBKIT.DLL NOT BEING RECOGNISED BY WINDOWS: My website building software will not publish to local folder or preview in my browser Windows error report states faulting module Qt5webkit.dll Eun reg says determine compatability as to whether 32 bit 0r 64 bit file All I know is there is a file in the application folder...