Windows 10: Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable

Discus and support Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have XPS13 and recent purchase of thunderbolt docking station tb16. all are dell products (laptop, docking and monitors) . The 3rd monitor is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ASHLEY ASHLEY, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable

I have XPS13 and recent purchase of thunderbolt docking station tb16. all are dell products (laptop, docking and monitors) .

The 3rd monitor is not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable that leads to the docking station (since for some reason the docking station only has one of each HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort female sockets. and there is no HDMI socket on the monitor. i have tried the usual unplugging / restarting etc ,, "detect monitor" etc to no avail

:)

ASHLEY ASHLEY, Aug 17, 2019
  2. CountMike Win User

Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter

A cable is better but with an adapter there's more choices. Get a good quality cable but not those super overpriced ones, they all do same job but some are more durable than others.

CountMike, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter

Getting a new PC next week, which has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3gb). Want to use the NVIDIA's Displayports on a dual monitor setup (HDMI inputs only).

1. Displayport to HDMI cable or adapter or does it matter ?
    2. Any gotacha's I should look out for when buying ?

Eagle51, Aug 17, 2019
  4. DarkEgo Win User

Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable

Displayport to HDMI Adapter

Will this Displayport to HDMI adaptor work for Eyefinity? I want to run 3 1080p monitors at a total resalution of 5760x1080. From the discription it appears that it will work but can anyone confirm?

DarkEgo, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable

1. Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable - Similar Threads - Monitor detecting signal

2. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI: The essence of the problem: due to the fact that the HDMI port on my RTX 3060 failed, I had to connect a “DisplayPort -> HDMI” adapter and an HDMI cable from it to the TV. The video is transmitted wonderfully, but the sound is not. I connected it from another device with the...
  3. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI: The essence of the problem: due to the fact that the HDMI port on my RTX 3060 failed, I had to connect a “DisplayPort -> HDMI” adapter and an HDMI cable from it to the TV. The video is transmitted wonderfully, but the sound is not. I connected it from another device with the...
  4. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI cable not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI cable not detected by computer: I want to connect to a monitor or TV with HDMI. No signal to either. Monitor says "no signal coming from your computer".I have tried with no success:HDMI directly into Nvidia 980 HDMI slotHDMI directly into motherboard slot, Intel i6700k with integrated graphicsHDMI...
  6. HDMI cable not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI cable not detected by computer: I want to connect to a monitor or TV with HDMI. No signal to either. Monitor says "no signal coming from your computer".I have tried with no success:HDMI directly into Nvidia 980 HDMI slotHDMI directly into motherboard slot, Intel i6700k with integrated graphicsHDMI...
  7. HDMI cable not detected by computer

8. Dual 2560x1440 Monitors using DisplayPort Cable

Dual 2560x1440 Monitors using DisplayPort Cable: I have two identical HP EliteDisplay E273q 27-Inch LED Monitors. HP Probook Laptop HP usb-c Dock Adapter Intel UHD Graphics 350 My trouble is that when I use the dock which has two DisplayPort ports - one monitor shows up at 2560x1440 while the other gets stuck at...
  9. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter: I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes me think it is...
  10. Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter: Getting a new PC next week, which has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3gb). Want to use the NVIDIA's Displayports on a dual monitor setup (HDMI inputs only). 1. Displayport to HDMI cable or adapter or does it matter ? 2. Any gotacha's I should look out for when buying ? 104342

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using displayport adaptor to hdmi dell

2. windows not detecting dual monitor hdmi

3. HDMI to display port not finding my monitor

4. pc has displayport going to hdmi adapter PC not detecting monitor\,
  5. samsung monitor not detecting input from hdmi,
  6. pc monitor check signal cable displayport,
  7. tv doesnt see display port to hdmi signal,
  8. not detecting monitor on jdmi to dport adapter,
  9. route signal from display port to hdmi on pc,
  10. windows not using displayport,
  11. to monitor displayport pc hdmi,