Windows 10: Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU

Discus and support Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having an issue with the resolution of my computer screen on the onboard GPU. The only resolutions I have to select from are 640x480,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PixelOnMicrosoft, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU

I have been having an issue with the resolution of my computer screen on the onboard GPU. The only resolutions I have to select from are 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, or 1600x1200 at 64 Hz. My motherboard is an Intel s2600cp, and the adapter just reads "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (Low Resolution)". THe monitor I am currently using is the Dell IN1910NB, but this occurs with every monitor I connect to that port.

:)

PixelOnMicrosoft, Jan 21, 2019
  2. RWOne Win User

Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

One of two possibilities:

1. Driver is still not correct, as you don't have the listed resolution to go to recommended for that monitor. If it is using a driver win 10 installed and not the manufacturer, then you need to try the manufacturer driver, list the display driver from device manager and we can go from there.

2. Card in PC (Is it a card, or integrated mainboard graphics?) doesn't support that resolution, hence driver not listing it, etc.

Other possibility - what does the system show for the monitor listed in device manager?

RWOne, Jan 21, 2019
  3. LoeToe Win User
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

i bought a new monitor yesterday (AOC E2270SWHN) and i found that the screen was really stretched out when I connected it to my pc. Here is a picture:
    Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU [​IMG]

When I went into the settings I found that there was no option for 1080x1920 and was very confused. Like I said, my pc recognises the monitor but does not show the correct screen resolution. I have tried everything, from reinstalling the drivers to downloading about 10 apps that claim to change the screen resolution but end up doing completely nothing. Please help me before i shoot myself from fustration. Thanks!!

LoeToe, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU

Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU

1. Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU - Similar Threads - Monitor displaying correct

2. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  3. Correct display resolution unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct display resolution unavailable: Hi,I've been having issues for close to two months with my display resolution. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 7060 with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with an Iyama PLB2712HDS monitor. I've used this configuration for five years without having any issues.One day my screen suddenly went...
  4. Correct display resolution unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct display resolution unavailable: Hi,I've been having issues for close to two months with my display resolution. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 7060 with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with an Iyama PLB2712HDS monitor. I've used this configuration for five years without having any issues.One day my screen suddenly went...
  5. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  6. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  7. Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected: I am attempting to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron to a dual monitor arrangement one 1920x1080, and an ultrawide 3440x1440. When either single monitor is connected, the display resolution is correct and everything works well. However when connecting the second monitor, the...
  8. Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected

Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected: I am attempting to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron to a dual monitor arrangement one 1920x1080, and an ultrawide 3440x1440. When either single monitor is connected, the display resolution is correct and everything works well. However when connecting the second monitor, the...
  9. Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly: On my old laptop, the connection to my monitor worked perfectly, but the resolution I choose is either too big to fit the screen or way too zoomed in with my new laptop. When zoomed in it doesn't let me change the scale of the text apps, etc. Hoping for a fix because I really...
  10. Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct: i bought a new monitor yesterday (AOC E2270SWHN) and i found that the screen was really stretched out when I connected it to my pc. Here is a picture: [img] When I went into the settings I found that there was no option for 1080x1920 and was very confused. Like I said, my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor not displaying correct resolution

2. windows not displaying correct resolution

3. hp l2208w blurry vga

4. how to set cpu display settings to 1280x1024,
  5. onboard display driver only has one resolution,
  6. onboard gpu showing as basic microsoft driver,
  7. can onboard gpu do 1920x1080,
  8. onboard graphiocs dopesntprovide corrt resolution