Windows 10: Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV.

Discus and support Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'd like to ask a question about my monitor. So when I am using my PC, I keep my HDMI cable plugged in to the TV which is connected to the CPU.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yZee8462, Sep 10, 2020.

1. yZee8462 Win User

Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV.

Hello, I'd like to ask a question about my monitor. So when I am using my PC, I keep my HDMI cable plugged in to the TV which is connected to the CPU. However, when I unplug the HDMI cable, my monitor does not display anything. A message appears saying, "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor. Please change your input timing to 1366x768@60 Hz". Does anyone know anything about this? I also know it is weird for me to use windows 10 using an old monitor Dell E1914H. Thanks!

:)

yZee8462, Sep 10, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Sep 10, 2020
  3. hdmi cable to tv,, no display now.. HELP?

The HDMI port on the Acer Aspire Z1-621G is an INPUT port NOT an output port. In other word's you can not use it to hook up a TV to use as a second monitor but you CAN use it to hook up a DVD or Blu-Ray player and use the screen as a display for them. You
    could also hook up a Dish or Direct TV or Cable box which has a HDMI port to display the output on the screen as if it was a TV. In fact, I am writing this while using my Acer V3 laptop which I have hooked to my Z1, using the display on the Z1 has my working
    display. When you are connected this way, you can either display the Z1 screen or the input from the HDMI port, but not both at once, though you can switch back and forth between them.

Billye Gilbert, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

If the PC has detected your HDMI-TV connection then it will be shown as an additional display in Settings, System, Display.

Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV. [​IMG]

If there is no additional display shown then your PC has not detected your HDMI-TV connection
    - Unless there is something wrong with the connection itself, I'd first try going to your PC maker then downloading and [re-]installing the latest display driver.
    - I suggest you also check your PC manual & any user forum your PC maker provides to see if there is any useful guidance there.
    - You might also get somebody else to connect their PC to your TV using the same TV settings & HDMI cable to prove that nothing there is at fault.

Denis

Thema:

1. Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV. - Similar Threads - Monitor displaying HDMI

2. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  3. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  4. hdmi cable to tv

hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  5. No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC: Why is there no audio when I plug in HDMI cable from tv to pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-with-hdmi-cable-from-tv-to-pc/ad23c526-2966-4b35-9b7e-3fda436a7b79
  6. Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to send video to tv (as 2nd display )using HDMI cable: I'm hoping there's a way to send a video from a Chrome tab to the tv using an HDMI cable while I'm doing other stuff on the computer monitor. Is this even possible? At the moment, everything on the computer is mirrored on the tv. 141943
  7. No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  8. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  9. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...
  10. After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black: I have been using HDMI cable from laptop to tv without problem. However, since updating to Windows 10 whenever I use HDMI cable, after disconnecting my laptop screen is black, it is as though it does not recognize it's own monitor. I have had to restore latptop twice and...