Windows 10: Monitor not following sleep settings

Discus and support Monitor not following sleep settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my monitor set to sleep after 10 minutes but it goes to sleep after only 5 mins. Why won't it follow the sleep settings? I have also tried 20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pinefang, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Pinefang Win User

Monitor not following sleep settings

I have my monitor set to sleep after 10 minutes but it goes to sleep after only 5 mins. Why won't it follow the sleep settings? I have also tried 20 minutes without luck. All Win 10 updates are current.

:)

Pinefang, Sep 6, 2016
  2. MasonCox Win User

2nd Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 setup

I figured out it was a setting called "Monitor Deep Sleep," in the settings of the monitor it's self.

1- Go to the monitors setting with the buttons on the monitor.

2- Go to display setting.

3- Scroll down to the other options.

4- Disable the deep sleep mode.

Good luck mate!

Mason Cox

MasonCox, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Display won't turn off after specified time

Thanks for your response.

The desktop application that I using is Video Converter Ultimate by Wondershare.

While I have the monitor set to go to sleep after an hour. Last night I set it to one minute but didn't go to sleep as this morning monitor was still on without changing sleep settings.

I understand media players when playing video media monitor won't go to sleep.

Thanks for looking into this.

Sergio Wheel, Sep 6, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It is because something is causing the IRQ that controls the monitor sleep and wake states. It can be woke up by any process that could be mouse, keyboard, etc.. Also check your monitor settings on it to make sure that it is set properly. If you have a wireless mouse or have one that is very sensitive to motion, it could be just your mouse causing it.

bro67, Sep 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Monitor not following sleep settings - Similar Threads - Monitor following sleep

2. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  3. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  4. Windows 11 will not follow power options display or sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not follow power options display or sleep settings: I just updated my desktop computer to windows 11. Immediately the display shuts off after 30 seconds to one minute and requires me to login again. It will continue to do this indefinitely. After doing some research, I stopped the nuisance display shut off by changing the...
  5. Task bar does not follow settings with dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar does not follow settings with dual monitors.: I have my taskbar set to show all apps on both my monitors, but periodically my second monitor will only show the apps that are on it. If I look at the task bar settings while that is going on, the settings will be correct, i.e. "show taskbar buttons on: All taskbars" but the...
  6. Losing gamma setting with monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Losing gamma setting with monitor sleep: Power Options is set to send my monitor to sleep after 45 minutes of inactivity. Problem is the gamma setting is out of whack when I wake the monitor (too dark). I have to reboot to correct it. In fact, it corrects immediately after I select restart, even while the home...
  7. Per monitor sleep setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Per monitor sleep setting: Is there a way to configure sleep settings per monitor. One monitor is my actual monitor, the extended 'monitor' is an hdmi cable to my receiver for sound only. When my display goes to sleep, the sound cuts out too (so no Spotify in the background for instance). Would be...
  8. Sleep doesn't follow timer settings, neither does turning off the monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep doesn't follow timer settings, neither does turning off the monitor: With Win 10 Pro 64, and Intel NUC 6i5, the screen never turns off set to turn off at 1 minute, and the computer doesn't sleep set to sleep at 2 minutes. I have researched this forum and followed all the tips - multimedia, settings in control panel, etc, etc. The bios and...
  9. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  10. Per-monitor sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Per-monitor sleep settings: I use an HDMI connection for both a screen and audio, so when the screen goes to sleep I lose sound. Is there a way to configure a particular monitor/HDMI connection to never sleep? I want to keep power saving settings on my display, but not lose sound when it goes to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor not following sleep settings