Windows 10: Monitor not going to sleep after powering up the computer

Discus and support Monitor not going to sleep after powering up the computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Quite often I start my computer at work remotely using the WakeOnLan functionality. After such start, the login screen appears and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AdamSarzyński, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Monitor not going to sleep after powering up the computer

Hello everyone.

Quite often I start my computer at work remotely using the WakeOnLan functionality.

After such start, the login screen appears and the monitor is turned on.

Until I log in to windows, the monitor will not go to sleep and it remains constantly on.

Is there any way to change that? I would like to reduce my energy consumption.

:)

AdamSarzyński, Apr 6, 2021

2. HP monitor keeps going to sleep

Hi Ruth,

Incorrect power settings or options can cause your computer's monitor to constantly go to sleep. For us to properly isolate your case, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Which Windows version/build are you using?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Do you also remember changing or modifying your monitor's default settings?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Cliffy-HC Win User
    Monitors go into auto power save mode and wont wake up

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have no idea why the computer monitors go into power saving mode. The computer doesn't. I can be browsing the internet (or even playing CandyCrush haha) more or less right after booting up and the monitors go to sleep. I
    can not wake them up. I have to turn the PC off and back on again. Not so good if I am doing some work.

Making any changes as you suggest above don't seem to do anything, there is only the mouse, keyboard and "NVIDIA nForce networking controller" listed.

Cliffy-HC, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Monitor not going to sleep after powering up the computer

PC showing message on monitor "Going to Sleep"

It sounds as if your Power Plan Settings are configured incorrectly.

Check your Power Plan Settings.

Go to Start Orb.

Type in > Choose a Power Plan.

Select it to open.

What Plan is this set to ???

1. Balanced.
    2. Power Saver.
    3. High Performance.
    What are YOUR settings in regards to the Minutes or Hours set beside :

1. Turn off the Display ??? .................... ** Minutes.
    2. Put the Computer to Sleep ??? ..... ** Minutes.
    Check ( review your sleep settings in power options ).

Go to the Start Orb.

Type in > sleep.

Select > change when your computer sleeps.

Click on the Tab > Put the Computer to Sleep and change the time.

Ten click > Save changes.

You can reset this to Default by the blue link that states > Restore default settings for this plan.

OR :

Select > Change Advanced Power Settings and open it.

Scroll down to Sleep.

Expand the setting by clicking on the plus ( + ) symbol.

Click on the > Setting.

Select a time in Minutes.

Click > Apply and then OK to save.

You can also restore plan Defaults by clicking on the ( Restore Plan defaults Tab ).

Frank N St31n, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Monitor not going to sleep after powering up the computer

1. Monitor not going to sleep after powering up the computer - Similar Threads - Monitor going sleep

2. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  3. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  4. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitors not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  6. Monitors not going to sleep

Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  7. Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...: Here is what is happening: My computer will sometimes often but not every time go into sleep mode and be unable to wake up. When working correctly, during the first stage of sleep mode about 15 minutes of inactivity my monitor will go into power-saving mode but my computer...
  8. Monitor going to sleep

Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  9. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  10. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware