Windows 10: Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Discus and support Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a PC monitor with a single HDMI input. I wanted to have an alternative to having to unplug and replug cables between my pc/xbox knee and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by XIX PARAD0X XIX, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

I have a PC monitor with a single HDMI input. I wanted to have an alternative to having to unplug and replug cables between my pc/xbox knee and my monitor. I first tried using an HDMI switch I had sitting around. This did not work. My next thought was to utilize the xbox HDMI passthrough. This worked, but provided a level of display lag I do not consider acceptable for gaming. At this point I gave up in my quest. The issue is that now my pc will not display to my monitor unless it is through my xbox.

Basically:

PC to xbox = good

Xbox to monitor = good

PC to monitor = bad

Anybody have any idea what might be going on and/or how to fix it

:)

XIX PARAD0X XIX, Jan 25, 2019

2. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck.
    Suggestions welcome.

SteveEayrs1, Jan 25, 2019
  3. bha19 Win User
    no HDMI signal

I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

bha19, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Jacko28er Win User

Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

HDMI no signal only during Boot

Hey Guys,

I've just built myself a new computer, all working well, however on boot my HDMI monitor receives no signal until Windows has fully loaded. It would receive signal to see the Bios screen pop up then go blank with no signal and then about 5 seconds later will receive signal and display the desktop.

I've now added a second monitor connected via DVI, even though this is not set as my primary monitor the bios screen displays on it and I can see the entire boot process through this monitor, it will then load to desktop of which a split second later my primary HDMI monitor will then receive signal and start to display.

It's not a massive issue but it's quite annoying, any suggestions?

I'm using a GTX 970 and Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.

Cheers,

Jacko28er, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

1. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough - Similar Threads - Monitor receiving signal

2. My monitor is receiving no signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor is receiving no signal.: I’ve used this monitor on a previous device and it was working great. Now that I got a new laptop, I plugged in everything the way I did before. The hdmi cable works perfect, as I have checked on a different device, and the port on my laptop also works. I’m thinking it’s an...
  3. My monitor is receiving no signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor is receiving no signal.: I’ve used this monitor on a previous device and it was working great. Now that I got a new laptop, I plugged in everything the way I did before. The hdmi cable works perfect, as I have checked on a different device, and the port on my laptop also works. I’m thinking it’s an...
  4. After a Windows 11 Update 2nd monitor won't receive HDMI signal from PC.

After a Windows 11 Update 2nd monitor won't receive HDMI signal from PC.: I have tried different monitors, cables and deleted graphics drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-windows-11-update-2nd-monitor-wont-receive/952f4773-1be4-4124-9955-9c85b424537b
  5. After a Windows 11 Update 2nd monitor won't receive HDMI signal from PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a Windows 11 Update 2nd monitor won't receive HDMI signal from PC.: I have tried different monitors, cables and deleted graphics drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-windows-11-update-2nd-monitor-wont-receive/952f4773-1be4-4124-9955-9c85b424537b
  6. Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset: Hi, i have a pc and i connected The tv as monitor because i dont own a monitor then i did a factory reset Reset this PC option and then îs saying me no hdmi signal, it dont allow me to look at reset menu from tv and now my tv is blocked on this screen and i cant do anything...
  7. Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset

Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset: Hi, i have a pc and i connected The tv as monitor because i dont own a monitor then i did a factory reset Reset this PC option and then îs saying me no hdmi signal, it dont allow me to look at reset menu from tv and now my tv is blocked on this screen and i cant do anything...
  8. HDMI devices receive no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI devices receive no signal: Hello, this is my first post of this kind since ages, but at this point I'm beyond frustrated and confused. Sometime last year I noticed I couldn't connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI when it was never an issue before. The tv recognized that something was plugged in, but it...
  9. HDMI devices receive no signal

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDMI devices receive no signal: Hello, this is my first post of this kind since ages, but at this point I'm beyond frustrated and confused. Sometime last year I noticed I couldn't connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI when it was never an issue before. The tv recognized that something was plugged in, but it...
  10. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough: I have a PC monitor with a single HDMI input. I wanted to have an alternative to having to unplug and replug cables between my pc/xbox and my monitor. I first tried using an HDMI switch I had sitting around. This did not work. My next thought was to utilize the xbox HDMI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor not displayed after using hdmi

2. monitor is not receiving signal

3. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough