Windows 10: Monitor not responding

Discus and support Monitor not responding in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18305 dual monitor Have power settings to turn off, not sleep, after 1 hour. (Length of time doesn't make any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cfourkays, Jan 1, 2019.

1. cfourkays Win User

Monitor not responding

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18305 dual monitor
    Have power settings to turn off, not sleep, after 1 hour. (Length of time doesn't make any difference)
    Both monitors, Acer 27 and Acer 25 showing in Device Mgr as Acer S271HL and Generic PnP.
    Acer is number "1"

Current settings
    Turn off the display 1 hour
    Put the computer to sleep Never

When I hit Enter, the Generic responds immediately, the PC is active, Can use any settings on Generic, Monitor 1 remains black.
    Driver updated, even replaced driver with generic.
    Trying to turn on with physical switch does nothing.

I have to force reboot with button.
    Tried about everything I could find on Google.
    Most problems related to returning from Sleep.
    That's not the case here.
    Pete
    Happy New Year, all you Tenners*Party

:)

cfourkays, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 1, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Monitor not responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Monitor not responding

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Monitor not responding

1. Monitor not responding - Similar Threads - Monitor responding

2. For years my monitors have flashed, gone black, or not responded. When will this be fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For years my monitors have flashed, gone black, or not responded. When will this be fixed?: I have now had multiple motherboards, video cards and monitors. All have had the issue where monitors go black, and may or may not come back.This seems to be associated with having three or more displays attached. It is incredibly disruptive.Today, with a brand new...
  3. For years my monitors have flashed, gone black, or not responded. When will this be fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For years my monitors have flashed, gone black, or not responded. When will this be fixed?: I have now had multiple motherboards, video cards and monitors. All have had the issue where monitors go black, and may or may not come back.This seems to be associated with having three or more displays attached. It is incredibly disruptive.Today, with a brand new...
  4. Windows Explorer hot responding when I close and open cover with USB-C monitor connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer hot responding when I close and open cover with USB-C monitor connected: Surface 9 ProWindows 11 Pro latestExternal monitor connected via USB-C. I've tried different setting: Extend, duplicate, only on 2nd.Each time when I close the cover, the Surface screen will go off this is normal. When I open, the Explorer and task bar will stop...
  5. Windows Explorer hot responding when I close and open cover with USB-C monitor connected

Windows Explorer hot responding when I close and open cover with USB-C monitor connected: Surface 9 ProWindows 11 Pro latestExternal monitor connected via USB-C. I've tried different setting: Extend, duplicate, only on 2nd.Each time when I close the cover, the Surface screen will go off this is normal. When I open, the Explorer and task bar will stop...
  6. My monitor won't respond to display cable after hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor won't respond to display cable after hard reset: Yesterday I was needing to set up an old pc while I had another one repaired, it was my roommates so I needed to do a full reset windows 10 on the computer itself. I let it reset and do its thing overnight and when I came back the monitor was completely unresponsive to the...
  7. My monitor won't respond to display cable after hard reset

My monitor won't respond to display cable after hard reset: Yesterday I was needing to set up an old pc while I had another one repaired, it was my roommates so I needed to do a full reset windows 10 on the computer itself. I let it reset and do its thing overnight and when I came back the monitor was completely unresponsive to the...
  8. My monitor won't respond to display cable after hard reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Pc stuck between on and off mode and won’t respond to monitor, keyboard, or mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck between on and off mode and won’t respond to monitor, keyboard, or mouse.: I tried turning on my pc while it was going into sleep mode. Now it won’t respond to the monitor, keyboard, or mouse but the fans are still going. I tried holding down the power button and did for a minute but nothing happened. Should I try flipping the power switch on the...
  10. Pc stuck between on and off mode and won’t respond to monitor, keyboard, or mouse.

Pc stuck between on and off mode and won’t respond to monitor, keyboard, or mouse.: I tried turning on my pc while it was going into sleep mode. Now it won’t respond to the monitor, keyboard, or mouse but the fans are still going. I tried holding down the power button and did for a minute but nothing happened. Should I try flipping the power switch on the...