Windows 10: Monitor not restarting

Discus and support Monitor not restarting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an intermittent problem with my Dell monitor not waking up after the computer is in the sleep mode. The only way I have found to restart the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GaryGlasgow, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Monitor not restarting

I have an intermittent problem with my Dell monitor not waking up after the computer is in the sleep mode. The only way I have found to restart the monitor is to manually turn off my Dell desktop computer and then restart. This hard reset will restart the monitor.

:)

GaryGlasgow, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 7, 2019
  3. SamuelLV Win User
    'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Monitor not restarting

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Monitor not restarting

1. Monitor not restarting - Similar Threads - Monitor restarting

2. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games: An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors but I can only bring the display back by forcing a restart. It's happened...
  3. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games: An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors but I can only bring the display back by forcing a restart. It's happened...
  4. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor doesnt work after restarting with higher hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor doesnt work after restarting with higher hz: I just put my hz on my 75hz monitor up to 73hz and everything worked fine but when i tried to reboot the pc it just black screened, i plugged the monitor out and another one in then it worked again but when i plugged the old monitor back in black screen. How do i reset the hz...
  6. Monitor doesnt work after restarting with higher hz

Monitor doesnt work after restarting with higher hz: I just put my hz on my 75hz monitor up to 73hz and everything worked fine but when i tried to reboot the pc it just black screened, i plugged the monitor out and another one in then it worked again but when i plugged the old monitor back in black screen. How do i reset the hz...
  7. Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart: I have a laptop with either 60 Hz or 360 Hz. I used CRU Custom Resolution Utility to add another supported resolution, with a refresh rate in the "middle" at 240 Hz. My reasons for this are that I can't get a high enough framerate to use 360 Hz, and there is considerably less...
  8. Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart

Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart: I have a laptop with either 60 Hz or 360 Hz. I used CRU Custom Resolution Utility to add another supported resolution, with a refresh rate in the "middle" at 240 Hz. My reasons for this are that I can't get a high enough framerate to use 360 Hz, and there is considerably less...
  9. PC restarts after swapping monitors error 6008

PC restarts after swapping monitors error 6008: Hi!I'm working from home sometimes and have my work computer connected to the same two monitors I use for my private PC. I also use a USB switch to swap the keyboard, mouse and headset between the two PCs ATEN US224.When I put my private PC in idle or in power saver mode, and...
  10. PC restarts after swapping monitors error 6008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts after swapping monitors error 6008: Hi!I'm working from home sometimes and have my work computer connected to the same two monitors I use for my private PC. I also use a USB switch to swap the keyboard, mouse and headset between the two PCs ATEN US224.When I put my private PC in idle or in power saver mode, and...