Windows 10: Monitor not starting on startup sequence

Discus and support Monitor not starting on startup sequence in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I turn my desktop PC (Dell XPS-8920, running Win10 Pro) the monitor appears to turn on, but then won't bring up the login screen; screen appears... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MikeONeil1, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Monitor not starting on startup sequence

When I turn my desktop PC (Dell XPS-8920, running Win10 Pro) the monitor appears to turn on, but then won't bring up the login screen; screen appears to be dark. If I cycle power to the monitor (HP 23tm Touch Monitor) the screen recovers and I can complete the login sequence.

Are there any tests to isolate the issue to Windows or to the Monitor?

Thanks.

:)

MikeONeil1, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Monitor not starting on startup sequence

Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Monitor not starting on startup sequence

1. Monitor not starting on startup sequence - Similar Threads - Monitor starting startup

2. Has Microsoft fixed the problem with adding "Calendar" to the startup sequence?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft fixed the problem with adding "Calendar" to the startup sequence?: When you right click on the calendar icon and try to select More and then select Open file location those options are no longer there. This option was removed in a recent update and no long works to add Calendar to my startup. Has this been fixed?...
  3. Has Microsoft fixed the problem with adding "Calendar" to the startup sequence?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Microsoft fixed the problem with adding "Calendar" to the startup sequence?: When you right click on the calendar icon and try to select More and then select Open file location those options are no longer there. This option was removed in a recent update and no long works to add Calendar to my startup. Has this been fixed?...
  4. 2 monitors on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 monitors on startup: My 2nd monitor doesn't turn on at startup since updating to Windows 11 , I always have to unplug and plug the HDMI back in for it to work and at this point is an annoyance. I would also like to say that I am using a laptop not a PC. Any fixes?...
  5. 2 monitors on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 monitors on startup: My 2nd monitor doesn't turn on at startup since updating to Windows 11 , I always have to unplug and plug the HDMI back in for it to work and at this point is an annoyance. I would also like to say that I am using a laptop not a PC. Any fixes?...
  6. Windows 10 changed startup sequence?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 changed startup sequence?: I noticed after some recent windows update that my programs are loading even before I log on to windows. When I login some or all programs that I usually see starting up after logon are already in the system tray Also sometimes when I try to shutdown system it tells me that...
  7. Monitor problem at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor problem at startup: Hello. I have weird problem with Windows 10. When Windows boots on my laptop, after 5 seconds my screen freezes, but system still works I can enter password and login. After closing and opening the lid, monitor works without problems. This problem happens only in Windows,...
  8. Is is normal for motherboard to forget boot sequence on startup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is is normal for motherboard to forget boot sequence on startup?: Let's say I have 3 Disks in my desktop. Disk 1 Windows 10 with Config A Disk 2 Windows 10 with Config B Disk 3 Windows 10 with Config C So basically my PC will have 3 boot managers. Now I can set the boot sequence to say Disk 2 , form he bios. Now of course, after saving...
  9. Startup in Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup in Start: I installed Windows 10 just an hour ago and already got a problem! The 'Start' menu of Windows 7 has a 'Startup' function. I have been looking for an equivalent application in Windows 10 but could not find any. Did Microsoft decide to eliminate this function or...
  10. Windows Sort sequence irritant -- wrong sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Sort sequence irritant -- wrong sequence: Hi there when browsing through tagged music files Windows seems to come up with the WRONG sort sequence For example if I'm browsing Mozart Mozart symphonies /CD 1 Mozart symphonies /CD 10 ------- /CD 14 Mozart symphonies /CD 2 Mozart symphonies /CD 3 What I...