Windows 10: Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

Discus and support Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by js0873, Jul 22, 2019.

1. js0873 Win User

Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this?

:)

js0873, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 22, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Jul 22, 2019
  4. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart - Similar Threads - Monitor Turning Off

2. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitors turn off after booting: Hey, I need help with this issue I have where my monitors I have 2 turn off right after the booting screen disappears, or maybe they don't turn off but it shows that there is no signal. I've tried changing sources 1 used display port and the other uses hdmi I changed the...
  3. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors turn off after booting: Hey, I need help with this issue I have where my monitors I have 2 turn off right after the booting screen disappears, or maybe they don't turn off but it shows that there is no signal. I've tried changing sources 1 used display port and the other uses hdmi I changed the...
  4. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  6. BSOD after turning off or restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after turning off or restarting: Hello I'm having this issue for a while. I ran HP diagnostic and detected a Hardrive failure, then I replaced the Drive but the blue screen continues to show. I'll appreciate your help....
  7. Monitors turning off.

Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  8. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off: When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear the sound of a device disconnecting from the system, then reconnecting. At that point, the second monitor will wake up and...
  9. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  10. Monitor turns off after boot!

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after boot!: I think I' ve screwed something :-( I've installed the latest insider on my desktop as it works fine on the netbook, and now the screen turns off after the boot screen, the computer doesn't hang and seems to show signs of working (HDD light flashing). The video card is OK....