Windows 10: Monitor Not Turning Off

Discus and support Monitor Not Turning Off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bland_Biscuit, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Monitor Not Turning Off

Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this?

submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bland_Biscuit, Jul 17, 2020
  2. opioohana Win User

Monitor turns off then on, off then on.

I have a Dell XPS 2720 all in one computer. The main monitor seems to turn off then on repeatedly while browsing. Deepika Gowda tried to answer the question but didn't help. I don't know how to get back to him but my answer to his questions is
    as follows:
    Thank you for your suggestions.

First, I followed each step of your directions to Safe Mode. While in Safe Mode I went to Power options through to “Change settings that are currently unavailable” but “Turn on fast startup…” was not there.

I then went back to “Normal Startup” and the problem was still there. I then went to Settings and found the “Turn on fast startup…” check box. I unchecked it, restarted the computer, went back to make sure the box was still
    unchecked. It was but the problem still exists.

The off on, off on monitor problem seems to occur mostly when a browser is open. The cycle runs about two to five seconds off and about two seconds on and usually stops when all browsers are closed. Interestingly, it does not
    occur at all on the number two monitor which is connected in Extended Mode. There are no error messages and the problem didn’t appear while in Safe Mode during which time I opened several browsers.

I hope you have additional thoughts on this very aggravating condition.

Thanks,

opioohana, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Scottjm72 Win User
    Computer hangs (crashes) after automatically turning off monitors

Just changed it. Will update you. Thanks!

BTW, when it is set to just have the screensaver come on but not turn off the monitors, I have no problems at all.

Ugh, I had 2 good days with no crashes with the monitors powering down, but 2 crashes in the last 12 hrs or so.....

Scottjm72, Jul 17, 2020
  4. opioohana Win User

Monitor Not Turning Off

Monitor turns off then on, off then on.

Just found another situation. First the above didn't cure the problem plus someone else gave some advice but that didn't help either. I did just notice that if the browser is small the monitor doesn't turn off on off on, at least as much but if I enlarge
    the browser or go to full screen then the problem comes back

opioohana, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Monitor Not Turning Off

1. Monitor Not Turning Off - Similar Threads - Monitor Turning Off

2. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  3. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  4. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  5. turn monitor off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    turn monitor off: How to turn monitor off imediatelly after pc boot up so it's not On for 20 minutes after pc boots up. I don't want to change power settings because for the rest of the time it should be like it is in settings it turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity. I tried nircmd and...
  6. External monitor is turning on and off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is turning on and off: Hello, today I woke up and the monitor that is connected to my laptop has started flickering on and off when I connect it with my HDMI cord. The monitor itself isn't broken because when I unplug the cord the monitor will stay on fine. This has happened before and I fixed it...
  7. Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off: Hello, I am trying to record video from my webcam while my monitor is turned off but everytime i turn off my monitor, the webcam turns off aswell. How do I fix this issue?...
  8. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  9. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...
  10. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252