Windows 10: Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating

Discus and support Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I will gladly provide any info you need. I'm using W10, obviously, and these last three times I've woken up to the usual black screen when the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thejuanwelove, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating

Hi

I will gladly provide any info you need. I'm using W10, obviously, and these last three times I've woken up to the usual black screen when the PC is in hibernation, except these last 3 times when i move the mouse or type a key nothing happens. I think the Pc responds and registers these things, both the mouse movement and the typing, but the screen continues to be black. I have to turn the monitor off and then turn it on again so the screen "awakens" and displays its normal self no longer black.

I'm kind of worried, what do you think the problem is?

submitted by /u/thejuanwelove
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thejuanwelove, Nov 7, 2020
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Nov 7, 2020
  3. DaleDarin Win User
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following:

1. Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer.
    2. Updated drivers
    3. Turn off fast start up
    4. Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt
    5. USB Selective Suspend Setting - Disabled
    I have tried the above steps using both a wired HP mouse and a wireless Jelley Comb mouse

DaleDarin, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating

Windows 10 randomly waking from hibernation

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Network from Waking Your PC

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Network Adapter,
    Right click and select properties.

c. Go to the Power Management tab. uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

d. you'll find an “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box, which you should uncheck.

Step2: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 wakes randomly from hibernate

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating

1. Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating - Similar Threads - Monitor waking hibernating

2. Monitor don't work after PC wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor don't work after PC wake up: I have two monitor first connected via display port and the second via HDMI. It work correctly but if I off and on 1rst one or PC turn off display because of idle first monitor don't turn on - display port no signal. Only reload help. Win10, try to upgrade and re-install...
  3. Monitor don't work after PC wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor don't work after PC wake up: I have two monitor first connected via display port and the second via HDMI. It work correctly but if I off and on 1rst one or PC turn off display because of idle first monitor don't turn on - display port no signal. Only reload help. Win10, try to upgrade and re-install...
  4. Monitor don't work after PC wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC waking up from hibernate status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC waking up from hibernate status: Hi, my PC is set to go into hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I observed, that it often starts up again a short while after going into hibernate and I don't know why. I tried using powercfg -lastwake in cmd as admin right after the PC started but the History is empty....
  6. PC waking up from hibernate status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC waking up from hibernate status: Hi, my PC is set to go into hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I observed, that it often starts up again a short while after going into hibernate and I don't know why. I tried using powercfg -lastwake in cmd as admin right after the PC started but the History is empty....
  7. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate: I want to take advantage of fast startup and I have enabled it in the power settings. When I shutdown the machine, it goes to hibernate mode. To restart the machine, I have to first press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, which terminates the hibernation and...
  8. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps: Hello all. Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the screen will not display a picture when i try to wake up. It will come back if i turn the power to the monitor off and then back...
  9. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  10. PC wakes up to hibernate (S4 Doze to Hibernate) when it's disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes up to hibernate (S4 Doze to Hibernate) when it's disabled: A strange occurrence has recently been annoying me on my desktop: I usually put my computer into sleep mode rather than shutting it down, but Windows has started deciding I really want to hibernate instead. Between 1 and 10 minutes after sleeping, the computer wakes up and...