Windows 10: Monitor not waking up after Windows 10 automated updates

Discus and support Monitor not waking up after Windows 10 automated updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! Win10 runs flawlessly, standard PC, no problems never so far, PC+Monitor goes to sleep/wakes up on moving mouse, using keyboard... all is fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tilly, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Tilly Win User

Monitor not waking up after Windows 10 automated updates

Hi!
    Win10 runs flawlessly, standard PC, no problems never so far, PC+Monitor goes to sleep/wakes up on moving mouse, using keyboard... all is fine, drivers are newest.
    Only after Windows installed automatic updates unattended, mostly at night, it doesn't seem to go back to sleep correctly.

I just log off usually and the PC will sleep then. Windows update wakes it up, runs updates, but then the Computer keeps running. The monitor gone black does not wake up. Also the PC does not react to the PowerButton set to "shutdown".
    Have to 5 sec. Button turn off/on.
    And every time after this happened and Windows booted properly, it tells me "updates have been installed"

Thx for any hint, this is so annoying

:)

Tilly, Oct 15, 2015

2. What Monitor Displays After Waking Up in Windows 10

I just updated to Windows 10 and when my monitor awakes after sleep mode it automatically goes to the login screen for my MSN account. There are 3 user accounts on this system. Before the update I was running Windows 8 and the monitor always woke up to
    a login window not specific to any one user. Can I change what displays after my monitor wakes up?

CapiCraft2010, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Sleep not functioning

Ever since the new windows update my computer monito gets no signal after i wake up the pc after sleep. I do not have a graphics card so the PCI is not faulty. When i wake the system up after sleep it revs up but no monitor output. I have to reset the pc
    to obtain an output

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

JohannErasmus007, Oct 15, 2015
  4. dapster Win User

Having the same problem, I want to subscribe to this thread but don't know how without first posting.

dapster, Oct 15, 2015
  5. Yesterday, I updated my Dell XPS 8100 desktop from Windows 7 to 10.

Sleep / resume (using mouse or keyboard) seems to work fine - PC wakes up & monitor display responds as expected.

However, overnight I saw the same apparent issue as above. I put PC to sleep as usual, but in the morning the PC was awake but monitor would not respond (blank/black). I had to force reboot by holding down power button for more than 5 secs.

It should be noted that my boot disk is Samsung SSD (830, I think). I used to have a similar issue with Windows 7 but it was resolved by explicitly uninstalling the Samsung SSD Magician software. After that, it never re-occured, until now with Windows 10.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I will try switching Automatic Updates to "Notify to schedule restart" to see if that helps.

Cheers,
    M

montgolfiere, Oct 17, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    Click on THREAD TOOLS at the top right of the thread, then click SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD from the dropdown menu.

Monitor not waking up after Windows 10 automated updates [​IMG]

Boozad, Oct 17, 2015
  7. Recently I am having the same or similar problem, I wake up in the morning, but my monitor will not. Actually it is only my MAIN monitor that won't wake up, monitor 2 is still working. By the way, the monitor was turned OFF the night before, but the computer remains running. When I power up the main monitor it gets NO SIGNAL. I have to reset computer to get working again.

drumtrucker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor not waking up after Windows 10 automated updates - Similar Threads - Monitor waking automated

2. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  3. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. monitor waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    monitor waking up: So this has been happing a for a while now. My monitor keeps waking up as if someone moved the mouse. I just built a new pc but this problem was also happening on my old pc too. Is there any way view what caused this? I checked event viewer but found nothing. The computer is...
  6. Monitor will not wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor will not wake up: Win10 to latest update. My desktop is set to turn off display after 1 hr but the PC stays running cameras on PC. Before latest updates the display would turn off and with a wiggle of mouse, would wake up. Not anymore. I have to force shutdown of PC because it won't wake...
  7. Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating: Hi I will gladly provide any info you need. I'm using W10, obviously, and these last three times I've woken up to the usual black screen when the PC is in hibernation, except these last 3 times when i move the mouse or type a key nothing happens. I think the Pc responds and...
  8. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor displays artifacts after waking up: I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor is a Dell U2515H connected via DisplayPort. Anytime I am away from my desk long enough, my laptop goes into sleep/power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitors not waking up windows 10

2. 1809 have to turn on monitor manually waking computer