Windows 10: Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset.

Discus and support Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used the media creation tool to upgrade my pc and delete all files, but now when my pc turns on I hear the Cortana thing for when you first turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by THE CROATIANMAN, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset.

I used the media creation tool to upgrade my pc and delete all files, but now when my pc turns on I hear the Cortana thing for when you first turn on windows coming from my monitor even though my headphones are plugged in and have been for months now and have worked. The monitor is also completely black and not working. Somebody help, I have a i7-7700 and a GTX 1070. I have also used this computer for years and this is the first time this happened.

:)

THE CROATIANMAN, Mar 22, 2020

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset. [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 22, 2020
  3. dual monitors stops sound

having added and extending display - dual monitors works great but disables sound

tried updating sound card - says latest instal;led (brand new hp all in one pc

reset to one monitor and sound comes back on?

how can I get sound to work with duasl monitors please

David 5401, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset.

Sound Not Working when connecting monitor via HDMI

Hi Eric,

As per the information provided, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if the sound protrudes through the system.

1. Right click on the Sound Icon located on the notification area, and select Playback Devices.

2. Here while the monitor is plugged to the PC, select your monitor device.

3. Here highlight the device and click on Properties.

4. On the next window, under Device Usage, select Don't use this device (Disable).

5. Once done, follow steps 1 - 3, and instead of clicking on Properties click on Configure.

6. Follow the on screen instructions and check

Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset. [​IMG]

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset.

1. Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset. - Similar Threads - Monitor working sound

2. Sound coming out of monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming out of monitor: I have got my headphones connected correctly. TeamSpeak is working correctly. I hear it thru my headphones and other can hear my mic. but the other sound, all the other sound is coming from my monitor....
  3. Sound coming out of monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound coming out of monitor: I have got my headphones connected correctly. TeamSpeak is working correctly. I hear it thru my headphones and other can hear my mic. but the other sound, all the other sound is coming from my monitor....
  4. No sound coming from monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound coming from monitor: Hello! I’m having trouble getting sound coming from my monitor. I have an elgato hd60 installed in my computer and every time I try to switch the playback device to my monitor, it instantly switches back to my elgato. Please help submitted by /u/Steely24 [link] [comments]...
  5. Sound Not Working Properly After Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Not Working Properly After Reset: I just factory reset my laptop, and while the audio still works, it's not working properly. I have two sets of speakers, one in the back, and one underneath. I can only seem to get one or the other to work, instead of both at the same time. I'm honestly lost as to what to do....
  6. No Sound Coming from PC (Tried everything)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound Coming from PC (Tried everything): Hey guys today all of a sudden sound stopped coming from pc The sound is not muted The device manager says everything is working in the sound region I have uninstalled my sound drivers and graphic card drivers and reinstalled both, still nothing reset my pc still nothing...
  7. No Sound coming from my PC at all

No Sound coming from my PC at all: I don't have any speakers on my neither one of my monitors so I use a headset everytime I use my computer, and this issue started happening about 3-4 months ago. One day I turned my computer on, plugged my headset in, and no sound was coming from my computer. I hover over...
  8. Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor?

Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor?: Have dell xps 15 9550. I have 2 monitors connected to my laptop. One via hdmi cable as always and one that is a usb c to hdmi cable. Previously i only had one monitor connected and it was with the hdmi to hdmi cable. I notice that when i play sound, the sound is coming from...
  9. Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor?: Have dell xps 15 9550. I have 2 monitors connected to my laptop. One via hdmi cable as always and one that is a usb c to hdmi cable. Previously i only had one monitor connected and it was with the hdmi to hdmi cable. I notice that when i play sound, the sound is coming from...
  10. Is the sound coming from PC normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the sound coming from PC normal?: Bought a new PC during last Christmas, so relatively new, and recently I've started to notice that it would make this whirring noise. I am not sure how it occurs because it will come randomly, and go randomly, or I would restart PC then it would go away. I'm not really sure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 hdmi volume control