Windows 10: monitor not working correctly and overall being weird

Discus and support monitor not working correctly and overall being weird in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I own a little gateway monitor and i was messing around with resolution and now my display take in everything as 4:3 even though windows is outputting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by космический кот, Dec 17, 2019.

1. monitor not working correctly and overall being weird

I own a little gateway monitor and i was messing around with resolution and now my display take in everything as 4:3 even though windows is outputting 1280x720 16:9 although i found out if i disable my main display or mirror the two it goes full screen but whats weird is the monitor is meant to take in 60 hertz yet when i disable my first display it goes down to 59 hertz but when the first display is active it goes up to 60 hz and doesn't work and i have tried many different options but nothing works and it has worked fine in the past

:)

космический кот, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Dec 17, 2019
  4. monitor not working correctly and overall being weird

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

monitor not working correctly and overall being weird

1. monitor not working correctly and overall being weird - Similar Threads - monitor working correctly

2. overall system weirdness, can't install windows update KB5018483 and gpu/cpu being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    overall system weirdness, can't install windows update KB5018483 and gpu/cpu being...: so i've been having problems with my system overall recently, gpu/cpu performance issues, error codes i was trying to squeeze out some more frames with modern warfare 2 with help from this panjno video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L7NQrmN-Oo&t=2s what i did on my system...
  3. overall system weirdness, can't install windows update KB5018483 and gpu/cpu being...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    overall system weirdness, can't install windows update KB5018483 and gpu/cpu being...: so i've been having problems with my system overall recently, gpu/cpu performance issues, error codes i was trying to squeeze out some more frames with modern warfare 2 with help from this panjno video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L7NQrmN-Oo&t=2s what i did on my system...
  4. Windows is not working overall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is not working overall: My laptop SONY VAIO i3 Widows 7 Free Upgrade to Windows10 in 2016 not working. I haven't used this laptop in the last 3 years. BIOS VERSION: R115103 ME Version : 6.0.31.1208 Machine Name ; VPCS 125FG Serial No : 27526175-7000908 UUID...
  5. Windows being weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows being weird: So up until a week or so ago my windows was being pretty normal. then out of the blue my internet semi-breaks. semi-breaks because sites like YouTube continue to work normally (even looking up videos), but anything else will just stop. then since about 2 days my PC has...
  6. My monitors are not working correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My monitors are not working correctly: I have my monitors on the correct configuration in the display setting. number one the left and number 2 on the right, but the monitors stay as number 2 on the left and 1 on the right when i try and change them. they wont change no matter what i try. Any Suggestions?...
  7. HDMI Monitor not working correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Monitor not working correctly: I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10, all updates. I bought a Sceptre F27 monitor that connects with HDMI. When I plug in the monitor, the system adds the monitor under Device Manage using Generic PnP Monitor, which *should* work because there are no manufacturer drivers for...
  8. Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird": Hey there, first up sorry, i am not even sure this is the right category for this post. if it is at the wrong place feel free to move it. Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster XL 2370 I am using this monitor as my second one and it is actualy doing all it has to do. there are just 2...
  9. Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird": Hey there, first up sorry, i am not even sure this is the right category for this post. if it is at the wrong place feel free to move it. Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster XL 2370 I am using this monitor as my second one and it is actualy doing all it has to do. there are just 2...
  10. Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly: My grandmother's Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop PC is not coming out of sleep mode correctly. It's either the monitor is going bad, or the tower and monitor aren't wanting to communicate with each other. Please help, ASAP! Thanks! *Smile 95365