Windows 10: Monitor on laptop intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on

Discus and support Monitor on laptop intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have seen this problem on so many forums - yet to see an answer: I have an Acer KG221Q monitor. Windows 10, Microsoft SurfacePro, Win 10 via Targus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeCro, Jul 17, 2019.

1. MikeCro Win User

Monitor on laptop intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on

I have seen this problem on so many forums - yet to see an answer:

I have an Acer KG221Q monitor. Windows 10, Microsoft SurfacePro, Win 10 via Targus Universal Docking Station and HDMI.

The Monitor intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on.

Also the same on a different laptop running Win 10 and a Dell DisplayLink and HDMI
    Also the same using HDMI direct to this second laptop.

Any pointers on how to troubleshoot? This sort of issue seems to affect a lot of people.

Mike

:)

MikeCro, Jul 17, 2019

2. Laptop screen goes blank

When I try to use my laptop with mains power the screen goes blank (ie Black), as soon as I switch off (remove) mains power the screen lights up again and becomes operative, and if I switch power back on the screen goes blank again.

TrevorWinter, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Power light stays on

After shutting down laptop the power light stays on. Windows 10

JohnMerrill1, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Monitor on laptop intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on

Power light stays on after shutddown

Hi Godfrey,

Welcome and thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• What is the make model of the Laptop?
    Initially, I suggest you to run the power troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. It checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box of task bar.

• Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security

• Click on Power and follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Monitor on laptop intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on

1. Monitor on laptop intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on - Similar Threads - Monitor laptop intermittently

2. Laptop lights gets on and then goes out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop lights gets on and then goes out: Laptop power light gets on and then goes out by itself after like 2 seconds. I was actually cleaning the fans and replaced my ssd to a second slot. During this I accidentally switched laptop on then i tried to force shutdown it as the fans were disconnected from the device...
  3. Win11 Night Light Inverted After Monitor Goes To Power Save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Night Light Inverted After Monitor Goes To Power Save: Got a weird situation here. Sometimes when my monitor goes to power save and when I wake it up the night light get's turned on despite it's not configured to go on scheduled, and settings shows night light is currently off. The yellow tint effect can actually be removed by...
  4. Win11 Night Light Inverted After Monitor Goes To Power Save

Win11 Night Light Inverted After Monitor Goes To Power Save: Got a weird situation here. Sometimes when my monitor goes to power save and when I wake it up the night light get's turned on despite it's not configured to go on scheduled, and settings shows night light is currently off. The yellow tint effect can actually be removed by...
  5. blank laptop monitor

blank laptop monitor: Why is my laptop monitor blank but external monitor is not blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-laptop-monitor/56875dcc-7090-4fa0-a6ee-2dc5be853cfb
  6. blank laptop monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank laptop monitor: Why is my laptop monitor blank but external monitor is not blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-laptop-monitor/56875dcc-7090-4fa0-a6ee-2dc5be853cfb
  7. blank laptop monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on: power lite and power button lite stay on after shutdown but windows doesn't shut down all the way. I have to press the reset button to get it going again I dont know what.s going on with this . HELP!!!...
  9. Laptop goes blank automatically.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes blank automatically.: Today i installed Windows 10 after hard disk change. Microsoft support helped me in making bootable pendrive. But my laptop is automatically going blank and no responce to any command even power button. power button light remains on. Only way out is long press power...
  10. One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836 One of my 2 PC monitors has just started going off intermittently. When it goes off it stays off typically about 30 seconds and comes back for a few minutes. It has done this once or twice before buy many many weeks ago and previously many...