Windows 10: Monitor powers on after computer turns it off

Discus and support Monitor powers on after computer turns it off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Trying to find how to keep monitor off after I lock the PC. What I do: 1. Monitor powers off after 1 minute when PC is locked 2. In few seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MishCas, Oct 9, 2020.

1. MishCas Win User

Monitor powers on after computer turns it off

Trying to find how to keep monitor off after I lock the PC. What I do:

1. Monitor powers off after 1 minute when PC is locked
    2. In few seconds computer plays sound like it detects new hardware, monitors wakes up and shows "No Cable Connected".
    3. Then monitor turns off.
    4. Then again sound and "No Cable Connected"
    5. Etc.

:)

MishCas, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

New Lenovo monitors wont turn on; low power mode turns on and screens go black.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Lenovo monitor. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete model number of the Lenovo monitor?
    • How are the monitors connected to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How are you turning on low power mode?

Please reply with more information on the issue to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Computer turns itself back on after shut down

Hi Thiaunaj,

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Go to, Settings. Then System. Then click on Power and Sleep.
    • Click on Additional power settings. Then "Choose what the power button does".
    • Click on Change Settings. Finally unclick "Turn on fast start up".
    • Save Settings.
    Also, try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Scottjm72 Win User

Computer hangs (crashes) after automatically turning off monitors

Just changed it. Will update you. Thanks!

BTW, when it is set to just have the screensaver come on but not turn off the monitors, I have no problems at all.

Ugh, I had 2 good days with no crashes with the monitors powering down, but 2 crashes in the last 12 hrs or so.....

Scottjm72, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Monitor powers on after computer turns it off - Similar Threads - Monitor powers computer

2. Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off: I have pc running on windows 11 but the problem is not related to windows 11, because since the first day I assembled the pc, the problem have been existed. The details are as following: 1. The display is set to turn off after 2 minutes in power plan balanced mode and system...
  3. Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off: I have pc running on windows 11 but the problem is not related to windows 11, because since the first day I assembled the pc, the problem have been existed. The details are as following: 1. The display is set to turn off after 2 minutes in power plan balanced mode and system...
  4. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  5. No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting: I had a one monitor setup with power plan setting to turn off monitor after 5 mins of inactivity. The monitor is a Iiyama G-Master Silver Crow GB2730QSU-B1 connected to my GPU via Display port. The sound would be going on to the monitor speakers via DP. GPU is a MSI Geforce...
  6. Monitors will not turn off per power settings

Monitors will not turn off per power settings: My monitors do not enter power save, per my power settings. I've run troubleshooter, reset to default, changed settings, updated drivers, checked reliability monitor, unplugged all usb device, issue persists. Can anyone help with this?...
  7. Monitor will not display anything after computer turns off screen for power saving.

Monitor will not display anything after computer turns off screen for power saving.: My screen is set to the default time to turn off to save power. Just built a new computer. I used the same graphics card, monitor, mouse, and keyboard as my old computer. Unfortunately, it seems something is wrong with the new computer that causes it not to turn back on. The...
  8. Turn off power strip after computer shut down

Turn off power strip after computer shut down: Hi, I posted earlier. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 with Windows 10. When I turn off the computer (hit windows logo, hit the power button, hit shut down) after the computer screen is off (screen black) the power light stays on and the small light indicating internal hard...
  9. Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings)

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings): Hello just few days ago monitor (Asus PG278Q) started turning off after 10 min while watching media or idle. Checked screensaver: set to 'none' Checked power settings: max performance, set to never shut down or sleep. What else can turn off monitor except screensaver...
  10. Monitor turns off after boot!

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after boot!: I think I' ve screwed something :-( I've installed the latest insider on my desktop as it works fine on the netbook, and now the screen turns off after the boot screen, the computer doesn't hang and seems to show signs of working (HDD light flashing). The video card is OK....