Windows 10: Monitor problem at startup

Discus and support Monitor problem at startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have weird problem with Windows 10. When Windows boots on my laptop, after 5 seconds my screen freezes, but system still works I can enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CptChain, Mar 22, 2020.

1. CptChain Win User

Monitor problem at startup

Hello. I have weird problem with Windows 10.

When Windows boots on my laptop, after 5 seconds my screen freezes, but system still works I can enter password and login. After closing and opening the lid, monitor works without problems. This problem happens only in Windows, in Linux this haven't happened. My laptop is ASUS TUF fx505dv.

I tried disabling Fast Startup, reboot pc with shift pressed, nothing changed.

:)

CptChain, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Monitor problem at startup

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Monitor problem at startup

1. Monitor problem at startup - Similar Threads - Monitor problem startup

2. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup problem: Why does my computer startup opens and gives this warning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-problem/8c0df548-1944-4c00-b14f-2b09f431f2eb
  3. 2 monitors on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 monitors on startup: My 2nd monitor doesn't turn on at startup since updating to Windows 11 , I always have to unplug and plug the HDMI back in for it to work and at this point is an annoyance. I would also like to say that I am using a laptop not a PC. Any fixes?...
  4. 2 monitors on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 monitors on startup: My 2nd monitor doesn't turn on at startup since updating to Windows 11 , I always have to unplug and plug the HDMI back in for it to work and at this point is an annoyance. I would also like to say that I am using a laptop not a PC. Any fixes?...
  5. Problems with Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problems with Startup: I put my computer to sleep overnight and this a.m. tried to wake it up. I usually move and click the mouse and I get a scenic screen and then enter the password. It would NOT wake up, so I pressed the on/off button and restarted it. When I did, I got the attached screen....
  6. STARTUP PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STARTUP PROBLEM: Legion 5-17ACH6H Laptop Lenovo - Type 82JYAfter reinstalling windows for fix corrupted audio, everytime i startup the laptop i always get stuck for a very long period in the loading screen, sometimes i have also graphic problems with some flitching of the mouse cursor.Please...
  7. Problem with startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with startup: Since I reset my PC due to a bug every time I start it up it fails. I have to force it to shutdown and then start it up for it to wake. Any idea what it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-startup/232f0c4d-0625-4c16-9a55-721b8cd69266
  8. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup problem: I need to reinstall windows startup problem and can't get to initial menu but do not have a disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-problem/8445bddc-f389-4b19-a6ef-aac4c1fd7f1d
  9. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup problem: After the windows update on 15/7/18 my lenevo laptop got stuck on lenevo screen and it never go further.Before update everything was fine but after that everything is stopped....pls help ...my whole work has stopped.. My laptop is lenevo ideapad 100...
  10. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup problem: When i press power on the cpu fan and power led only work. No hdd led, no beep and no monitor display. Please help me, my work is pending. Pc specs... Asus p8h61m le 4gb ram 1tb hdd I5 cpu 51142