Windows 10: Monitor problem bring up windows

Discus and support Monitor problem bring up windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a monitor (Samsung) that shows the HP splash screen but does bring up window sign-in screen. I tried HDMI & VGA, neither work. I hooked up 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keithhoward1, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Monitor problem bring up windows

I have a monitor (Samsung) that shows the HP splash screen but does bring up window sign-in screen. I tried HDMI & VGA, neither work.

I hooked up 2 other monitors (Dell & Spectre) both of them worked.

So the monitor is obviously communicating with the monitor but not with windows.

:)

keithhoward1, Oct 6, 2019

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 6, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Monitor problem bring up windows

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Monitor problem bring up windows

1. Monitor problem bring up windows - Similar Threads - Monitor problem bring

2. Computer login problem - will not bring up local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer login problem - will not bring up local account: My laptop has a local login with a password that I have always used for security. For a long time it has brought up two logins - one that includes the password key, another that doesn't that seems to be associated with Windows hello and perhaps a microsoft online accout. Now...
  3. Computer login problem - will not bring up local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer login problem - will not bring up local account: My laptop has a local login with a password that I have always used for security. For a long time it has brought up two logins - one that includes the password key, another that doesn't that seems to be associated with Windows hello and perhaps a microsoft online accout. Now...
  4. Computer login problem - will not bring up local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Signing in to Windows 10 brings up a window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing in to Windows 10 brings up a window?: Ok, this is probably not the biggest thing to deal with but oddly, my freshly "reset" laptop has been showing me this window every time I'm signing in. What's up with this and how can I get rid of it? I mean, every time this shows up it takes up more time than necessary just...
  6. Signing in to Windows 10 brings up a window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signing in to Windows 10 brings up a window?: Ok, this is probably not the biggest thing to deal with but oddly, my freshly "reset" laptop has been showing me this window every time I'm signing in. What's up with this and how can I get rid of it? I mean, every time this shows up it takes up more time than necessary just...
  7. Signing in to Windows 10 brings up a window?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Two issues to bring up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two issues to bring up.: First... Is it just me, or is Windows disabling devices when you postpone updates too much? I'm not a saint, I know updates are important. I just have a very inconsistent sleep schedule, and am annoyed by having to boot everything up every update. But it feels like every...
  9. kb4522355 bring the problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4522355 bring the problem: Hi, As far as i know my desktop have no issues, with previous updates, till now. Start, notifications, calendar, speakers volume doesn't show when i click it on task bar. after uninstall it for the the first time all go back to normal, hopping the second works as well......
  10. Dial-up and the pains it brings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dial-up and the pains it brings: I am connected to a dial up connection but on the Internet status in settings it says I am not connected to any networks. This is relevant because it doesn't allow me to use any Microsoft apps such as the Xbox app, Windows Store and Netflix. I've tried resetting the...