Windows 10: Monitor profile reset to Windows default instead of calibrated setting

Discus and support Monitor profile reset to Windows default instead of calibrated setting in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have calibrated my BenQ monitor & want it as the Color Management default but Windows changes the default during start-up to sRGB IEC61966-2.1. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by GARoss, May 24, 2021.

1. GARoss Win User

Monitor profile reset to Windows default instead of calibrated setting

I have calibrated my BenQ monitor & want it as the Color Management default but Windows changes the default during start-up to sRGB IEC61966-2.1. I change it back to my .icm calibration but Windows changes the default during start-up. What am I doing wrong to keep the calibrated setting as default.

:)

GARoss, May 24, 2021
  2. FAXA Win User

Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

3. Fafhrd Win User
    Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration

During color calibration you may have made changes to brightness and contrast outside windows using your monitor display menu.

Open your monitor menu from the controls on your monitor and find default or Auto settings there and reset defaults from there.

Then you can delete your profile, and proceed to recalibrate if necessary.

Fafhrd, May 24, 2021
  4. Monitor profile reset to Windows default instead of calibrated setting

Monitor Color Calibration keeps resetting

Hello, I have an acer SA230 and have been trying to fix the monitor's color for 3 hours now. Normally, when a monitor is off color, I would simply go to the color management window and calibrate the monitor. However, every time I finish calibrating the
    monitor, the moment I click outside any color management window, the calibration resets and the monitor is again off color. I have tried reloading the ICC profile in the color management window and setting the profile as the default both locally and system
    wide, and still the monitor resets its color whenever i click outside the color management window. I have already reinstalled the drivers and have gone as far as disabling driver signature checks in order to do so. I'm not entirely sure what else could be
    done at this point other than returning the monitor.

Octillerysnacker, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Monitor profile reset to Windows default instead of calibrated setting

1. Monitor profile reset to Windows default instead of calibrated setting - Similar Threads - Monitor profile reset

2. Windows resetting to default settings or loading a temp profile every time I reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows resetting to default settings or loading a temp profile every time I reset my laptop: Not sure what is happening but this starting happening with the most recent update. I am unable to sync my settings. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-resetting-to-default-settings-or-loading-a/d0612fd9-10bf-4c2c-a19b-34b0312e30f1
  3. Windows 10 User Profile Randomly Reset to Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 User Profile Randomly Reset to Default: I turned my computer on this morning and all of a sudden I got an error when signing in saying User Profile Service Failed. Unable to Sign In. After I saw this I tried to sign in a few more times but was met with the same error, I then proceeded to reboot my PC, after which I...
  4. windows server 2012 loading default profile instead of administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows server 2012 loading default profile instead of administrator: hiii there I have been trying to sort out this issue for the past 2 days, The problem is my servers admin account got crashed and loading default profile so I created a new temporary local admin account even its not loading up, i will share the screen shot below...
  5. Copying monitor color calibration setting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying monitor color calibration setting?: I have bought a second monitor which is identical to monitor that I have previously, and I wonder if there is a way to copy existing color setting to the new monitor so that I can have exactly same settings on both monitor. submitted by /u/NcGYBer [link] [comments]...
  6. ICC Monitor profile reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ICC Monitor profile reset: So I got me a new Monitor and downloaded an ICC profile which I did set up via the windows 10 color management - I now would like to deactivate it again and thought if I would uncheck "Use my settings for this device" in color management it would go back to standard, but...
  7. Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!: I have to continuously run color calibration because I notice my email and other web pages are being washed out in white......I lower the gamma settings as low as they will go and it gets better, but then resets from sleep or after reboot or just randomly. I tried saving...
  8. Calibrated color profile flick between original & calibrated profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calibrated color profile flick between original & calibrated profile: Hi, I have calibrated my Dell XPS 9560 with Xrite i1 Display Pro. I have successfully applied the color profile. Made it the system by ticking the Color Management->Change System Defaults-> Advanced Settings->Use Windows display calibration. When I click a quick setting...
  9. Calibrating monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Calibrating monitor: What's the best way to calibrate my LG 27ea33 ips panel montiro with nvidias control panel? I have tried adjusting the gamma/brightness/contrast/digitalvibrance but I can't really seem to find a setting that im satisfied with... I have also tried a colormunki smile device but...
  10. Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration: I went and ran the built in color calibration tool in Windows 10 to adjust gamma, brightness, contrast etc but I want to restore this back to what it was before I ran this calibration tool. How do I do that? There does not seem to be an obvious "Restore Default" button...