Windows 10: Monitor programs reseting position

Discus and support Monitor programs reseting position in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running dual monitors both through DP and I use my second monitor for my system info and other information. My problem is when ever my pc goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Urbwolf, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Urbwolf Win User

Monitor programs reseting position

I am running dual monitors both through DP and I use my second monitor for my system info and other information. My problem is when ever my pc goes to sleep or the monitors turn off if i walk away for 20 min all the programs i put on the 2nd monitor reset to the main monitor or on restart the same thing happens. I want the programs to remember position on returning from sleep. And i do have advanced power saving off on both monitors.

:)

Urbwolf, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Vijay B Win User

Opening programs on second monitor, not main monitor

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following steps.

1. Right click a free area of the desktop, select "properties"

2. Click the "settings" tab

3. Click the mouse on the seconary monitor grapic,

4. UNCHECK the box "extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor"

5. Click the primary monitor graphic

6. Make sure that "use this device as primary monitor" is CHECKED

If you're not sure which is 1 and which is 2, tap the "identify" button. It should display a huge, gigantic "1" on the primary monitor.

Or if that does not work, right click the application on the Taskbar, click Move, then use the arrow keys to move the program. The mouse cursor locks to the program window and you can use the mouse to position the program
    on your screen, you just have to use the arrow keys initially.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Opening programs on a twin monitor setup

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Hover to the open application on the taskbar.
    • You'll get a miniature Preview screen of the said application.
    • Hover your mouse over the Preview screen.
    • Right click on Restore.
    • Re-hover over the same Preview screen.
    • Right click on Move.
    • Use the arrow keys to move the application on your desired screen/position.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Monitor programs reseting position

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Monitor programs reseting position

1. Monitor programs reseting position - Similar Threads - Monitor programs reseting

2. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  3. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  4. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions: I've got 4 monitors in a 2x2 layout. The upper and lower left side monitors stack neatly - the bottom of the upper monitor sits directly atop the lower monitor. The right side monitors sit right up against the left side monitors.But for some reason, there is an 8 pixel gap...
  5. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions: I've got 4 monitors in a 2x2 layout. The upper and lower left side monitors stack neatly - the bottom of the upper monitor sits directly atop the lower monitor. The right side monitors sit right up against the left side monitors.But for some reason, there is an 8 pixel gap...
  6. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Language Bar resets position

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language Bar resets position: [ATTACH] I've run into the following problem after one of the recent updates, current system version is 19041.867 Previously, the language bar was to the left of the system tray icons for all languages, in a fixed position, like so: Correct position However, after the...
  8. Programs forgetting monitor/positions

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs forgetting monitor/positions: I am running dual monitors both through DP and I use my second monitor for my system info and other information. My problem is when ever my pc goes to sleep or the monitors turn off if i walk away for 20 min all the programs i put on the 2nd monitor reset to the main monitor...
  9. Files and folders constantly resetting positions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and folders constantly resetting positions: I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm struggling to get used to it. My biggest debacle at the moment is my files and folders constantly resetting positions. Now basically there are some files and folders that I like to manually position in a certain way. I usually...
  10. Taskbar position resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar position resetting: So, I recently got a new PC and I've just set everything up. Now, I always like to have my taskbar along the top of my screen, and that was of course one of the first things I did. But whenever I get automatically logged out after being away for too long, the taskbar resets...